Olympics 2020

CBRammette

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

It warms the heart to see athletes compete in something that they've been preparing 4 years for, give their all, and see the elation and emotion afterwards. 

Absolutely, this is the thing I love about the olympics. When you’re so used to watching football, and the massively overpaid primadonnas playing it. Don’t get me wrong, I do love watching football, but it’s so nice, every 4 years, to get a reminder of what proper sporting competition should be. People who were working in a factory not long ago, and are now holding a gold medal, that they’ll dine out on for years and tell their grandkids about. Ordinary people (but extraordinary athletes) that you may never see or hear from again, but for a moment they get their very well deserved, snd hard earned, time in the spotlight. 

It does piss me off that NBA stars are allowed to come in a waltz all over the basketball competition though. That doesn’t feel like it’s part of the Olympic spirit. 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

That's the 1st batch of dopers suspended and a British sprinter amongst them. Thats the relay silver medal to be handed back. 

Meanwhile, the 100m winner has said he won't race again this season, even though his current commercial value is at its highest. 

Let the floodgates open.......☹

That’s the trouble with not banning the cheating twits for life - if they’re young enough they think it’s worth taking the risk as they’ll just be out of the sport for a few years and then welcomed back with open arms….

It gets to the point where you suspect that pretty much any of them could be doping so why bother watching - all that pride in the British team’s  achievements pissed down the drain less than a week after it finished - thanks cheating scum….

Edited by Gaspode