Mick Harford

Dean (hick) Saunders

My abiding memory of Mick was him wiping out a defender in the middle of the opposition half with an uppercut and being back in our half of the pitch trying his best to look innocent before the ref spotted the player lying on the ground.....keep fighting big man!

On 20/07/2021 at 15:48, Gaspode said:

My abiding memory of Mick was him wiping out a defender in the middle of the opposition half

Paul Hardyman? Well done if you actually saw him do it, it was outstanding that he could do someone in front of 16,00 people and so few people saw the incident.

8 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Paul Hardyman? Well done if you actually saw him do it, it was outstanding that he could do someone in front of 16,00 people and so few people saw the incident.

I used to sit in the Ossie paddock near the halfway line in those days - very low view of the pitch so didn’t always see the bigger picture of what was going on in the game. I seem to remember that the ball had been cleared towards our goal so pretty much everyone was looking towards the Ossie end and I must have noticed Mick heading towards one of their players rather than tracking back and wondered what he was up to ?

Speaking to the club website, he told the club's supporters: "What I want is to raise awareness and encourage other men to go and get themselves checked out.

"That's what I did and it's not something that we are good at, us middle-aged and older men.

....................well I can vouch for that!

Sound advice from the big man, I wish him all the best.

• 5 months later...