Jump to content

Wayne is doing his best but !


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

I know you mean well mate . Brian Cloughs first season at Derby was very poor and Alex Ferguson nearly got sacked at United.

You could argue Rooney was left in the Carp by previous managers including Frank who I have very high regard for. 

Why is anyone surprised by this?

The efl want us punished with relegation in one way or another.

We haven't helped ourselves with mels antics since he took over but the efl have us as public enemy number 1 and will continue to rag us around until they believe we have served our time.

Combine that with Wayne's inexperience/ability as a manager,no ownership changes/each charge which continues the embargo and it's hard not to see why we may be doomed to the drop,at which time the efl may finally leave us alone.

It's going to be one hell of a season.

However I've ordered the rather lovely new home shirt so it's not all doom and gloom.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The idea of still being able to 'staff up' to 23 players of 'professional standing' is supposedly "to maintain the integrity of the competition."

How the hell is us potentially starting the season with one 20 year old centre back, who's never actually played a first team game, and no other centre backs on the books, maintaining the integrity of the competition?

Duck off EFL.

Edited by Carnero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should never have played that game. Said it at the time . Even more so now.  If you have a bloke answering the phone for an accountant for a day to tell people to call back later, then he goes back to his job as an officer junior doing copying and filing, I can't see that person would be classed as having professional standing should they apply for an accountancy job next day.

Load of baalocks. Duck off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But…………it’s a results business and Wazza’s record is simply just not good enough. If we weren’t skint he would have been doing football punditry months ago 👍

Bore off JR and try getting behind DCFC 

This will be one tough season - absolutely. We all know that so try getting behind the team for once. The constant negativity about every single thing from some drives me up the wall 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

If the Chorley game is used against us then that will come back to bite the FA Cup in the future, no club will allow themselves to be stitched up like this.

it needs resolving before the transfer window closes.

No other club would allow themselves to self inflict so much crap on themselves.. Chorley situation aside, everything else is of our own making.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No other club would allow themselves to self inflict so much crap on themselves.. Chorley situation aside, everything else is of our own making.

Not entirely true. EFL say okay to the amortisation then say 'you did what?', we meant no. Covid isn't Mel's fault. There's other things too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

Bore off JR and try getting behind DCFC 

This will be one tough season - absolutely. We all know that so try getting behind the team for once. The constant negativity about every single thing from some drives me up the wall 

It’s interesting getting comments like this rather than debating the points I make…wonder why that is E7 🤔 Why not challenge my posts and discuss rather than make silly, meaningless comments like this that are….boring actually. Go away and think it through and come back with something a bit more constructive 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It’s interesting getting comments like this rather than debating the points I make…wonder why that is E7 🤔 Why not challenge my posts and discuss rather than make silly, meaningless comments like this that are….boring actually. Go away and think it through and come back with something a bit more constructive 👍

My constructive comment is try getting behind the team instead of constantly being negative about every single DCFC matter…..

We’re going through a really tough situation atm - so let’s get behind them. Your other post about who your number 2 team….no allegiance to the red dogs do you? 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

My constructive comment is try getting behind the team instead of constantly being negative about every single DCFC matter…..

We’re going through a really tough situation atm - so let’s get behind them. Your other post about who your number 2 team….no allegiance to the red dogs do you? 😜

Oh dear, making yourself look a little silly now. My post generated quite a bit of debate and discussion don’t you think 🤔 something you can’t seem to engage in. Perhaps I can start by asking what you mean by getting behind the team, seem to come out with that chestnut quite a bit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No other club would allow themselves to self inflict so much crap on themselves.. Chorley situation aside, everything else is of our own making.

Fairs fair angry - some shizzle just happened like thornes leg and picking up serious injuries on day 1 to peak Hughes and Bryson. 

Admittedly the responses were self inflicted choices. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JMC said:

I thought Derby could come out of the embargo once the accounts from last 3 years were published?  

SmartSelect_20210717-215634_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d094ff816949bb3e01561bd48e24bdf4.jpg

1, 2 and 3 need to be cleared for us to be out of a hard embargo, which will allow us to sign frees and freebie loans.

4 also needs to be cleared for us to no longer be under any embargo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1, 2 and 3 need to be cleared for us to be out of a hard embargo, which will allow us to sign frees and freebie loans.

4 also needs to be cleared for us to no longer be under any embargo 

Oh that's worse than I realised. 

I was thinking 1,2 and 4 put us under soft embargo and 4 was hard embargo. 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh that's worse than I realised. 

I was thinking 1,2 and 4 put us under soft embargo and 4 was hard embargo. 😞

That's how I first interpreted it. However, it's very clear what the terms for Profit & Sustainability rule breaches result in. As 1 & 2 aren't Profit & Sustainability rules, I don't believe they will fall under the 'soft embargo' rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

SmartSelect_20210717-215634_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d094ff816949bb3e01561bd48e24bdf4.jpg

1, 2 and 3 need to be cleared for us to be out of a hard embargo, which will allow us to sign frees and freebie loans.

4 also needs to be cleared for us to no longer be under any embargo 

Derby can sign frees and loans now mate just no players signed with fees are made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Curtains said:

I know you mean well mate . Brian Cloughs first season at Derby was very poor and Alex Ferguson nearly got sacked at United.

You could argue Rooney was left in the Carp by previous managers including Frank who I have very high regard for. 

Why do fans always quote the Clough and Ferguson situation in some vain hope of things improving. For one Clough had a very good assistant who could spot a talented player and a chairman who at that time backed him. Ferguson has a previous track record of winning so him being successful at some point was likely with some patient. Rooney’s record towards the end of the season was appalling. He could have been sacked at the end of the season. In my opinion he only has the job because he is already on our wage bill. It saves Mel some money whereas a new manager would mean new wages plus having to back them and Mel does not want that. Save every penny (apart from the jolly to a luxurious training camp).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.