Mighty Rams are number 1, who are your number 2?

Jimbo Ram

13 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Why you straight, monogamous persons always have to dismiss other ways to live is beyond me!

Don't be a afraid, swing and go for a Grimsby game!

Oh wait Grismby, now I get it. Carry on with you dinosauristic views, it's best for you.

My views are not dinosauristic! It’s nonsense, you have one team, it’s an unbreakable bond, no room for no second team to take over a piece of your heart.

Bloody half fans.

2 minutes ago, David said:

My views are not dinosauristic! It’s nonsense, you have one team, it’s an unbreakable bond, no room for no second team to take over a piece of your heart.

Bloody half fans.

Not even England lol ? 

7 minutes ago, David said:

Bloody half fans.

Yes, Grimsby Incel. We heard you.

I Love You Reaction GIF by RainToMe

Don't have a second team as such, but there are a few whose results I look out for:

Queen of the South (Ted McMinn's first club)

Espanyol (I liked the idea of following Barcelona's other team)

St.Pauli (great club, amazing fans)

I also look to see how my local club are getting on (Solihull Borough)

As you can see, I could never be accused of being a glory hunter ?

No other team. I always want England to win but just dont have that same level of emotion watching at all. Also I was dragged to Cambridge United's 2013-14 play-off final inna large group of friends for "a day out". They won. Then we didnt when i went to our final and whilst everyone else blamed Keogh I knew who was really to blame. The Rams gods knew i had been unfaithful - never ever again

Grimsby Town. When living down sarf one of my mates was a Town supporter and the last match of their season he used to go. If Derby wasn't playing i used to go with him and four other mates and make a weekend out of it in my younger days. We used to sit in Findus family stand and could see ships on the horizon over the top of the adjacent stand. Happy days and messy nights!!

Also had a soft spot for Petersfield United in Hampshire League. Mate used to play for them and guess what their nickname was ' The Rams'! Strange but true!

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Quite like Burton just down to locality.

Same. 

I used to keep half an eye out for Burton Albion and Gresley Rovers but since Rovers faded back into obscurity its getting more difficult to know whats going on.

Pre-covid I used to try to get to Rovers a couple of times a year - great memories of growing up in the area and going to games when I was to young/poor to go to the old BBG.

39 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Same. 

I used to keep half an eye out for Burton Albion and Gresley Rovers but since Rovers faded back into obscurity its getting more difficult to know whats going on.

Pre-covid I used to try to get to Rovers a couple of times a year - great memories of growing up in the area and going to games when I was to young/poor to go to the old BBG.

What era of Gresley are you? I used to go as a kid with my Dad in the late 80s and early 90s. Went to the FA Vase final (and the replay) in 1991..  greatest Wembley final ever, 0-3 down, 4-3 up and drew 4-4 ?

27 minutes ago, Carnero said:

What era of Gresley are you? I used to go as a kid with my Dad in the late 80s and early 90s. Went to the FA Vase final (and the replay) in 1991..  greatest Wembley final ever, 0-3 down, 4-3 up and drew 4-4 ?

Pretty much that era, grew up roaming the streets of Swad, Gresley, Burton during the late 80s lol.

I went to the Gresley Rovers vs Guisley, Burton Albion vs Kidderminster and Derby vs Cremonese finals at Wembley all around that time - although I vaguely remember coming back from Uni for at least one of them.  Pity none of them ended up winning.  Infact the only time Derby have won at Wembley in my lifetime, I couldn't go lol - every other time I've have been, they have lost.  I'm not going to the next one...

Anyway, yeah I remember the match well, great day out and a thrilling football match.  Amazing what little Gresley Rovers achieved around that time.  I recall watching them play Burton Albion over Christmas one year as well at the old Eton Park.  Funny how both teams have progressed since then - although tbf Gresley were only ever a tiny, tiny club compared to Burton.

3 hours ago, David said:

Don't believe in second team nonsense, how can you have a second team? It's weird, it's adultery.

Same reason (I imagine) people commit adultery... get fed up with your main 'team' for whatever reason so go and see your second 'team' so you can enjoy a 'game of football' without particularly caring ?

To answer the OP's question, Burton have been my second team since Nige took charge in the late 90s. A relatively sustainably run, local club.

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

2 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

I also look to see how my local club are getting on (Solihull Borough)

That's a bit 'old school' Olton, they've been Solihull Moors for the last 14 years.

Btw, Jamie Ward was playing for them last season, back to his roots.