Mighty Rams are number 1, who are your number 2?

Jimbo Ram

Just now, richinspain said:

When I first moved out here I was often asked for my second team (few had heard of Derby County, bunch of heathens). My reply was always Derby reserves (it was 24 years ago). "Ok, your third team?", "Derby under 21s!". "Fourth team?", "Derby youth". "Fifth team?" (getting a bit taken aback). After some thought "Derby ladies". "And sixth?". "Sorry, are there more teams available?".

Are you not a Malagueño?

Real Zaragoza for me. 2nd division, skint and struggling. What´s not to like?

24 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

They look a fun team to support from footage I've seen of their fans. Do you go often? Went to Berlin 4 years ago & saw Hertha (v Gladbach)...magnificient stadium, probably 50k there & plenty of ultras/noise but still felt a bit too detached.

There's a certain differencies between fan culture in England and Germany. You're right, it's more fun, carnivalesque and supportive in Germany whereas in England the hatred and tribalism is very much in a core of it. I have to say, I prefer the German one. Of course, beers at the terrace helps ?

It's incredibly hard to get a ticket, never mind a season ticket. There's a lottery for both, season tickets and game-by-game-tickets, for the club members and so far my best bet has been my former professor, who usually goes with his son. If his son doesn't get to the game, I'll take his place.

Unfortunately, Hertha is just a boring team with a good values in a boring, and half-full poshy stadium. It's good for a tourists though, tickets are always available and support is decent.

8 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Unfortunately, Hertha is just a boring team with a good values in a boring, and half-full poshy stadium. It's good for a tourists though, tickets are always available and support is decent.

Ha yeah that was the attraction for us...that plus being able to have beers whilst watching the game!

Got a lot more interested in Bundesliga since they reopened as the first major league last May. Really like the fan culture there & 50+1 ownership which keeps clubs closer to their fans...shame about Leipzig. Definitely will return to check out some more games...probably in Nordrhein Westfalen with Gladbach (my fave German side) as the starting point.

Be interesting to see how/if Union change if they keep being successful. Hopefully they stay true to their ethos ?

Edited by LeedsCityRam

I've a number of "kinda like them" teams.

Swansea because I lived there/still have mates there.

Partick thistle because of the mascot and them being the traditional "don't want involved in old firm BS" Glasgow team (will probaby go the odd match when covidtimes are over).

then just vairious spirited underdog / have a unique identity / charismatic teams as they come and go.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Don't believe in second team nonsense, how can you have a second team? It's weird, it's adultery.

Why you straight, monogamous persons always have to dismiss other ways to live is beyond me!

Don't be a afraid, swing and go for a Grimsby game!

Oh wait Grismby, now I get it. Carry on with you dinosauristic views, it's best for you.

I don't mind York city because i had a great football manager save with them... but despite living in Lancaster for 5 years and Leeds for 3 never got attached to teams in the vicinity of the area. I do like AFC Wimbledon for exactly the reasons previously highlighted though and if they were close would go now and again i guess.