Nathan Byrne

BodminRam

56 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Phil jagielka will most certainly not be on a pittance salary. 

? yes i am sure the 38 year old defender who is currently a free agent will be on a fortune. We don't pay high wages by championship footballer wage standards anymore even if we did have the money to spend. The only way he will be on high wages is if he goes and plays for anothet club - won't be at Derby.

8 hours ago, GenBr said:

? yes i am sure the 38 year old defender who is currently a free agent will be on a fortune. We don't pay high wages by championship footballer wage standards anymore even if we did have the money to spend. The only way he will be on high wages is if he goes and plays for anothet club - won't be at Derby.

He will demand high wages: he isn’t going to come and play for us for free…if he wanted to do the decent thing he would play for she’d United for nothing. 

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

He will demand high wages: he isn’t going to come and play for us for free…if he wanted to do the decent thing he would play for she’d United for nothing. 

He’s training with us, under the caveat that the absolute maximum we can offer is £11k a week (or just shy of) and a one year deal by the end of it. I believe he was linked with a move to Bolton before we stepped in. I doubt any other offers from the Championship are on the table because, well, quite frankly he wouldn’t be here. Same with all the lads currently training with us. 

I’m not sure what Bolton can offer nowadays, but that’s really where we are financially. I doubt Jagielka is going to be running to the bank with our offer, considering his career. 

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He’s training with us, under the caveat that the absolute maximum we can offer is £11k a week (or just shy of) and a one year deal by the end of it. I believe he was linked with a move to Bolton before we stepped in. I doubt any other offers from the Championship are on the table because, well, quite frankly he wouldn’t be here. Same with all the lads currently training with us. 

I’m not sure what Bolton can offer nowadays, but that’s really where we are financially. I doubt Jagielka is going to be running to the bank with our offer, considering his career. 

If I was a betting man, I would bet that our track record of players going into coaching is probably the reason he's hanging around here. Maybe get a year of bit part football out of him, whilst he does coaching badges (with a proximity to St George's Park) before joining the coaching team afterwards.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

If I was a betting man, I would bet that our track record of players going into coaching is probably the reason he's hanging around here. Maybe get a year of bit part football out of him, whilst he does coaching badges (with a proximity to St George's Park) before joining the coaching team afterwards.

Maybe he can do his badges with Wazza.....makes sense.....