Nathan Byrne

BodminRam

Can we talk them into taking Marshall instead? They keep being linked.

Byrne is one of the few reliable players we have, turns up most games, and would be disappointed if he left. 

McDonald/Ebosele in from the off and playing 20 odd games each would be a big ask. Both are more attacking than defensive and would leave our already fragile backline highly exposed at times.

18 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Defensively Byrne is a pretty average player but he was our most dangerous player going forward last season in terms of chance creation I believe. If we sell him I'd be extremely disappointed, he is one of the few assets we actually have in the team that provides width and is a reliable option in his position.

He’s defensive covering especially on crosses to the back post though are much better than what Bogle provide and for me was massively overrated 

Byrne was one of our best players last season we must try and keep him if possible 

15 hours ago, S8TY said:

He’s defensive covering especially on crosses to the back post though are much better than what Bogle provide and for me was massively overrated 

Byrne was one of our best players last season we must try and keep him if possible 

I agree he was one of best players last season and I wouldn't want to lose him, but of all the positions in our first 11 it's probably the one where I'd be fairly confident using the youth players standing in line behind him. Think McDOnald would be able to do a good job for us there if Byrne does leave.

Think I would take the money if it got us out of Umbongo. This is doing more harm than losing one player.

If it does not help us out of Umbongo then keep until we are out by other means and then it’s a case of is having the cash (to invest elsewhere) more useful than the player? 

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

12 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Think I would take the money if it got us out of Umbongo. This is doing more harm than losing one player.

If it does not help us out of Umbongo then keep until we are out by other means and then it’s a case of is having the cash (to invest elsewhere) more useful than the player? 

Looks like it might go on wages…

9 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

And you know that because ..................?

I don't know either, but the impression I get is that Mel doesn't want to put anymore money in if he can help it and if we manage to sell any players it just seems to me that this money will just keep the lights on for another month. Don't think we will be spending any money on players ourselves any time soon.

9 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

And you know that because ..................?

It's common knowledge that the club and more importantly Morris' pockets have been haemorrhaging money and that Morris has been trying to find a buyer for donkeys ages now to pass on this financial burden.

If be amazed if then Morris would be looking at using the money we leverage from players sales to then invest back into a business that quite frankly he's been trying to get shot of for a long while. 

Not sure why we'd unload a player we bought for buttons to pay wages. He'd need to be replaced after all. Also not convinced that weakening the team would make enable Mel to sell the club any quicker either.

Also seems a counter-intuitive assumption that we're so short of cash that we'd let him go on the cheap to help with our current wage bill when we have Morrison, Jagielka, Aluko and co lined up to join the club, EFL allowing.