Jump to content

What Would You Be Satisfied With This Season?


What Would You Be Satisfied With This Season?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

15 games, really, even if we have a similar start to last season? If we don’t win in our first 6 in what looks like a relatively easy start, that would be 1 win in 22 games. Has any manager in history survived with a record like that 🤔

Change the record mate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It’s not a valid point as you have no idea how our form will go. .

This is a new season. 

Go back and read the post again Curtains…the word if is used a few times so might give you a clue…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Go back and read the post again Curtains…the word if is used a few times so might give you a clue…

I understand that but it’s a totally negative scenario and I don’t want to entertain that .

Why do you ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Curtains said:

I understand that but it’s a totally negative scenario and I don’t want to entertain that .

Why do you ! 

Great, so you misread my post, glad you understand it now. This is a forum to discuss all things Rams. A discussion about how long you give the Manager if we start poorly, after the dreadful end to last season, is a legitimate topic. How many more games would you give him without a win?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Great, so you misread my post, glad you understand it now. This is a forum to discuss all things Rams. A discussion about how long you give the Manager if we start poorly, after the dreadful end to last season, is a legitimate topic. How many more games would you give him without a win?

If you think I misread your post then fine. 
 

I am just not wanting to think about not winning any of the first 6 games that’s all. 
 

I concede if that happened it wouldn’t be great .

I just want to give Rooney and the team a chance .

Maybe you could look at it from a different angle and think with the cards dealt they may be a good hand in there still 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If you think I misread your post then fine. 
 

I am just not wanting to think about not winning any of the first 6 games that’s all. 
 

I concede if that happened it wouldn’t be great .

I just want to give Rooney and the team a chance .

Maybe you could look at it from a different angle and think with the cards dealt they may be a good hand in there still 

I hope you are right and I am wrong 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heart hopes for mid table as @LeedsCityRammentioned compared to a few others, our potential squad is on a par with a few that comfortably made that last season.

Head says there was 4 teams making such a ricket of staying up last season, it was hard for others not to comfortably make mid table last year, so if we scrape up in a tougher environment because either lack cutting edge or legs at that back in stages of the season, I’ll take that 4th or 5th bottom place and hope our financial woes are not as constrained 2022/23.

In truth, really I just want to feel excited watching live football, seeing my team win the odd big game and everyone feeling a little more positive about our future as a result.

C.O.Y.R

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopes for the season...

With the squad we've got currently, survival.  Anything else is a bonus.

What I want to see this season is to reach a (satisfactory) conclusion with the EFL on all charges and a takeover completed with the new owners setting out a strategy and investment plan to have us challenging in the top 6 year on year again.  I can cope with a season (or two!) of dross so long as there is a positive change coming. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What would be wrong with:

Marshall

Byrne Jags/Mengi Davies/Stearman Buchanan

Shinnie Bird/Bielik

Joz Sibley Lawrence

CKR

 

Maybe because it is largely the same lineup that stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season minus our best defender 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If you think I misread your post then fine. 
 

I am just not wanting to think about not winning any of the first 6 games that’s all. 
 

I concede if that happened it wouldn’t be great .

I just want to give Rooney and the team a chance .

Maybe you could look at it from a different angle and think with the cards dealt they may be a good hand in there still 

He merely posted a potential scenario and asked whether Rooney should still be in a job if he lost the first 6 games and you jumped down his throat. He didn't say it would happen - he just asked what would happen if such a thing did come to pass. 

Maybe we will win the league, maybe Rooney sets an all time points record with this squad, but to completely disregard the other side of the coin does nobody any favours. You can't improve or remedy any problems if you just bury your head in the sand and completely ignore them in the first place. The club is facing a number of issues at the moment as we all know and whilst nobody knows how the team will perform when the season starts it doesn't mean people can't be worried about the situation our club currently finds itself in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What would be wrong with:

Marshall

Byrne Jags/Mengi Davies/Stearman Buchanan

Shinnie Bird/Bielik

Joz Sibley Lawrence

CKR

 

If you put Colin Warnock in charge then you might think. He will know how to get the best of that lot.

With Wazza he hasn’t got the same experience and is in the learning phase and may not get the best of them.

Hoping he has learned enough to get us toward mid table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.