Tom Huddlestone

Rample

On 14/07/2021 at 10:55, David said:

Just listened, not sure how any of that could be seen as directions from the top.

Just sounds like Cocu’s reasoning which is perfectly understandable.

I think the fact that he was told no matter how well he trained or performed in games he wouldn't get in the team ahead of Rooney who had to play and Bird who was in Cocu's remit to bring on, would suggest that it has come from the top. 

Just my perception of the interview though.

On 15/07/2021 at 11:53, AGR said:

I think the fact that he was told no matter how well he trained or performed in games he wouldn't get in the team ahead of Rooney who had to play and Bird who was in Cocu's remit to bring on, would suggest that it has come from the top. 

Just my perception of the interview though.

I read it as the "Rooney has to play" stuff probably de facto meant there was no place for Tom because rooney decided he was going to do Huddlestone's job with a "must play due to financial consiquences" situation.

45 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I read it as the "Rooney has to play" stuff probably de facto meant there was no place for Tom because rooney decided he was going to do Huddlestone's job with a "must play due to financial consequences" situation.

I thought he sounded more miffed that he couldn't do Bird's job tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, enachops said:

Probably the best player our academy has produced. He can do a job for someone at this level I’m sure. What a player he would have been if he could run! 

But that’s the problem, he doesn’t. How many teams can accommodate a static player but can play a worldy ball at this level?

I’m surprised an MLS team hasn’t offered him a role, but then maybe they have and he’s declined it. 

When the Championship is snapping up free transfers as they have no money to spend, and he’s still not got clubs knocking at his door, maybe it’s time to call it a day

Has he been offered chances down the divisions that have been rejected and fails to mention? 

Must be hard for any football to accept that when you have played at the very top. 

I personally don’t see many offers in this country due to the unique role he would play in a team.

Not looking to knock the guy with any of this, just how I see it

On 28/07/2021 at 09:56, David said:

Has he been offered chances down the divisions that have been rejected and fails to mention? 

Must be hard for any football to accept that when you have played at the very top. 

I personally don’t see many offers in this country due to the unique role he would play in a team.

Not looking to knock the guy with any of this, just how I see it

I guess once you say "I've had offers but they were all League 1 or 2" you label yourself a League 1 or 2 player

I wouldn't be surprised if he had offers on the table similar to ours, player-coach with plenty of the money being appearance based, sad watching a former England international touting himself around like a journeyman really