Tom Huddlestone

Rample

2 minutes ago, Rample said:

Interesting Radio Derby interview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09p7ggs

Cocu said something to the extent of Rooney has to play and Bird needs to be developed, so it doesn't matter how you play or train you won't get in.

Sounds like directions from above?!

Be more inclined to think it was 'interesting' if it wasn't for the fact Huddlestone still hasn't signed to play for anyone.

Edited by RoyMac5

11 hours ago, Rample said:

Cocu said something to the extent of Rooney has to play and Bird needs to be developed, so it doesn't matter how you play or train you won't get in.

I am surprised this isn't getting more interest. I think it shines a very worrying light on interference from above. Should Cocu have done what he wanted? Yes. Could he? We may never know. Huddlestone was a Cocu favourite early on.

As for Huddlestone. He would definitely have been a useful player to have last season. But I wouldn't want him now.

11 hours ago, Rample said:

I personally think that sounds like an explanation from the manager about why he's not being picked

I'd say it's the exact same as Rooney telling Evans he'd only get game time when we play a back 3

14 hours ago, Rample said:

2 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I am surprised this isn't getting more interest. I think it shines a very worrying light on interference from above. Should Cocu have done what he wanted? Yes. Could he? We may never know. Huddlestone was a Cocu favourite early on.

As for Huddlestone. He would definitely have been a useful player to have last season. But I wouldn't want him now.

If Cocu's history as manager is anything to go by, then it would have been his decision. Bird was a player of the season candidate at the point discussions with Hudd were taking place. Rooney was also justifying his place in the starting lineup

54 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If Cocu's history as manager is anything to go by, then it would have been his decision. Bird was a player of the season candidate at the point discussions with Hudd were taking place. Rooney was also justifying his place in the starting lineup

That's the odd thing about this to me from Bird and Rooney coming into the team to a point at which Huddlestone had already effectively left both were bang in form and you wouldn't have expected either to get dropped for Huddlestone anyway.

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

That's the odd thing about this to me from Bird and Rooney coming into the team to a point at which Huddlestone had already effectively left both were bang in form and you wouldn't have expected either to get dropped for Huddlestone anyway.

Perhaps he's never forgiven Cocu for taking the captaincy away from him?! ?

6 hours ago, David said:

Just listened, not sure how any of that could be seen as directions from the top.

Just sounds like Cocu’s reasoning which is perfectly understandable.

It does and it doesn't. Huddlestone's phrasing it a bit ambiguous by saying 'wayne has to play' and cocu had a 'remit' to continue to develop and push Bird on. I'm not sure if that means that's Cocu's priorities for the team or if there is some form of direction specifically with selecting younger or more high profile players that was a top down direction. Combining that with the accusation made by Huddlestone that training and game performances wouldn't be what he'd be picking the team on and it makes for a pretty damaging interview. 

6 hours ago, David said:

Just listened, not sure how any of that could be seen as directions from the top.

Just sounds like Cocu’s reasoning which is perfectly understandable.

As always people are reading into it the way they so choose, normally to fit with a pre-conceived view.