Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

Wow! Just when you thought Derby could not shock you anymore. Don't agree with that there are other players who are natural leaders and that they don't need the captaincy. They are the players who demand respect and give their all on the pitch and lead from example. This is how a captain should be selected.  Im sorry to say that Tom does not fall into that captaincy category. 

Another wrong decision at Derby county. 

I must admit that I am surprised by this decision, but I can remember 2 other captain appointments which were met with similar enthusiasm at international level, Beckham and Rooney. Whilst not winning anything, they didn't seem to have a detrimental affect on either the England team or the players' performances.

Well good luck to tom,he's one of my favourites despite his detractors but let's hope he lasts longer than Rooneys' last two of Knight and marshall....it didn't do them much good sadly and both deteriorated over the season and lost the armband.

I'd personally much prefer that a defender takes on the captain role,it just seems to work better,orchestrating from the back.

And that speech,jeez,if was cringing,how did the lads feel.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong