Sone Aluko (Gone to Ipswich) & Sam Baldock (Signed)

Bubbles

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I like the sound of Baldock's potential:

"Baldock on the other hand has often been a victim of system. The archetypal channel runner alongside a target man, typically in a 4-4-2, he was rarely given an opportunity in that setup at Reading. Attempts by various managers to turn him into a winger or lone striker generally ended in failure, and he given scarce opportunities in the first anyway under Jose Gomes and Veljko Paunovic."

This sounds like vydra at Derby under every manager bar rowett. 

On 17/07/2021 at 14:25, RoyMac5 said:

I like the sound of Baldock's potential:

"Baldock on the other hand has often been a victim of system. The archetypal channel runner alongside a target man, typically in a 4-4-2, he was rarely given an opportunity in that setup at Reading. Attempts by various managers to turn him into a winger or lone striker generally ended in failure, and he given scarce opportunities in the first anyway under Jose Gomes and Veljko Paunovic."

Yet Wazza plays him up front on his own in his first game. Like Marriott possibly would have done, he would work well off CKR if given the chance.

7 minutes ago, Rample said:

Yet Wazza plays him up front on his own in his first game. Like Marriott possibly would have done, he would work well off CKR if given the chance.

I guess it depends on how we want to play and if he'll play with CKR. Early days yet.

• 3 weeks later...