Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

23 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Have any of these actually signed though or are they just training with us? I'm not sure we've actually done anything official yet. If the EFL have their way we'll sign nobody because they want us relegated.

No, but they have been given squad numbers which I believe is an indication that they will be signing when restrictions are lifted

Jagielka - 6
Stearman - 16
Morrison - 29
Aluko - 24
Baldock - 18

35 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Rather take my chances with Mengi than Stearman. Rather Roberts any day than Aluko. Agree on Gregory and Baldock. My bigger concern is how many games can Jagielka actually play.

As for Morrison. We took a gamble with Ibe and it failed. This isn't the same sort of gamble, but it remains a risk.

I would say at best we have got bodies in for bodies sake(if we sign them). It might be the best we can do but it doesn't suggest anything other than a long hard season of scrapping.

So what do you suggest? not get bodies in and just give up? miraculously fix all of our EFL problems, get the takeover done, find someone to give us £50m for Knight and blow the lot on a new team of competitive Championship players?

We are where we are (a poorer squad than the one that only just avoided relegation last year, a transfer embargo, the same owner so no chance of the EFL letting up on their vindictive campaign, etc, etc....). Unless a miracle occurs (the takeover goes through, the EFL give us a clean bill of health and Wazza manages to bring in 5-6 quality signings for little money and on minimum wages) then it will be a long hard season of scrapping.....

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

Rather take my chances with Mengi than Stearman. Rather Roberts any day than Aluko. Agree on Gregory and Baldock. My bigger concern is how many games can Jagielka actually play.

As for Morrison. We took a gamble with Ibe and it failed. This isn't the same sort of gamble, but it remains a risk.

I would say at best we have got bodies in for bodies sake(if we sign them). It might be the best we can do but it doesn't suggest anything other than a long hard season of scrapping.

Decent loans these days require a fee, I believe these type of loans are also under embargo? Decent loans usually involve us paying a large amount of their wages, quite probably above our £11.5k

8 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Yes we are! - and the sooner some of our self-entitled fans wake up to that the better. The EFL have us by the short and curlies and are determined to make us suffer for as long as possible - our ONLY option is to take a punt on players we'd normally ignore. The alternative is to accept relegation before we've even kicked a ball.....

Yes I know we're desperate, and you're spot on about the EFL, thought not the self-entitled bit - that is something I most certainly am not, believe me. I just don't like this policy of looking for players in trouble who we might hope might come good. Ibe didn't work. There's little sign that Duncan will. It's not a great strategy imo.

Morrison has failed wherever he has been after leaving Man U with far too many references to his attitude from coaches. I'd rather spend what limited funds we have elsewhere ta than on someone who history suggests will be off in January anyway. CKR, who some have referred to, did work for us for a while. This guy just looks like trouble to me, that's all; I can a deal being of benefit to him, but not to us.  

3 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Yes I know we're desperate, and you're spot on about the EFL, thought not the self-entitled bit - that is something I most certainly am not, believe me. I just don't like this policy of looking for players in trouble who we might hope might come good. Ibe didn't work. There's little sign that Duncan will. It's not a great strategy imo.

Morrison has failed wherever he has been after leaving Man U with far too many references to his attitude from coaches. I'd rather spend what limited funds we have elsewhere ta than on someone who history suggests will be off in January anyway. CKR, who some have referred to, did work for us for a while. This guy just looks like trouble to me, that's all; I can a deal being of benefit to him, but not to us.  

No more than a monthly contract I would say if at all 

I assume we'll offer him a similar, incentive based deal like with Ibe so it won't cost us too much if it goes wrong. Hopefully we've learned a bit from the Ibe situation too. Not too sure of Ravel's personal circumstances, but maybe there'll be some form of psychological evaluation involved? 

Again think people need to remember the situation we're in. We have to take gambles, and on the cheap. 

9 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I assume we'll offer him a similar, incentive based deal like with Ibe so it won't cost us too much if it goes wrong. Hopefully we've learned a bit from the Ibe situation too. Not too sure of Ravel's personal circumstances, but maybe there'll be some form of psychological evaluation involved? 

Again think people need to remember the situation we're in. We have to take gambles, and on the cheap. 

We seem to have taken a lot of gambles both on and off the pitch, not sure too many have come off…

If anyone bothered to watch the video @Carneroposted they might have picked up that Ravel has ADHD, and by taking the medication for it he would fail a drugs test. United applied for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) and it was rejected, and in  United’s opinion this was a major thing holding him back. If that hasn’t been sorted out now it’s an absolute disgrace as it’s effectively preventing someone with ADHD from reaching their full potential. It’s discrimination of the highest order

Gary Neville saying he had complexities in his life that anyone would struggle with. Too right. 

Maybe people should watch the video before judging.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If anyone bothered to watch the video @Carneroposted they might have picked up that Ravel has ADHD, and by taking the medication for it he would fail a drugs test. United applied for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) and it was rejected, and in  United’s opinion this was a major thing holding him back. If that hasn’t been sorted out now it’s an absolute disgrace as it’s effectively preventing with ADHD from reaching their full potential. It’s discrimination of the highest order

Gary Neville saying he had complexities in his life that anyone would struggle with. Too right. 

Thought he came across very well on the video tbh 

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If anyone bothered to watch the video @Carneroposted they might have picked up that Ravel has ADHD, and by taking the medication for it he would fail a drugs test. United applied for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) and it was rejected, and in  United’s opinion this was a major thing holding him back. If that hasn’t been sorted out now it’s an absolute disgrace as it’s effectively preventing with ADHD from reaching their full potential. It’s discrimination of the highest order

His interview with Rio posted by @DCFC1388 om page 1 is worth your time too ?

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only problem with that is Stoke would require a bit if cash to let us sign him, and he'll be after more than the c£11.5k pw wages we'd be allowed to offer him

thought with over 21 you dont pay compensation if out of contract?

Edited by Ram-a-lama fa fa fa