Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

On 18/07/2021 at 20:47, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I have a friend who used to be neighbours with Morrison. Let’s just say he wasn’t the best neighbour… 

A family friend lives next door to Youri Tielemans and has had a few issues, parties, bottles and cans thrown in the garden etc. Let’s remember footballers are very wealthy young men and like most people of a similar age are entitled to enjoy themselves. I’m sure my neighbours would have a few gripes with me regarding weekend activities. Let’s be honest we loved Bywater but his neighbour didn’t. 

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I worked with someone who lived next door to Stephen Ireland (Man City) - not the sharpest pencil in the box. He apparently had a great big fountain installed in the driveway outside his house - so big that it blocked part of the drive and he couldn't get one of his cars out of the garage....

Stephen Ireland apparently had a huge aquarium and had (mini) sharks in it!

13 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Morrison & Bielik when fit with shinnie & then lawrence, joz and colin as a front three isnt a bad side 

But with our defence, its still close to relegation.

I also don't see many goals in the six you've said above.

We just want to think it 'looks good' on paper.

On 21/07/2021 at 08:58, rammieib said:

But with our defence, its still close to relegation.

I also don't see many goals in the six you've said above.

We just want to think it 'looks good' on paper.

Agree. Same problem as last year. 

No obvious individual scorer of 12+ goals. Few potential scorers elsewhere in the team. 

Like England we pick two defensive midfield players to protect our back four with potentially four 'attacking options'.

Unlike England, our four are tidy hold-up types rather than goalscorers. 

Our average age looks set to rise unless we are brave enough to give the U23s a chance. 

Somehow we need to get in a scorer. 

We can't be relying on one nils again. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree. Same problem as last year. 

No obvious individual scorer of 12+ goals. Few potential scorers elsewhere in the team. 

Like England we pick two defensive midfield players to protect our back four with potentially four 'attacking options'.

Unlike England, our four are tidy hold-up types rather than goalscorers. 

Our average age looks set to rise unless we are brave enough to give the U23s a chance. 

Somehow we need to get in a scorer. 

We can't be relying on one nils again. 

Yep spot on - and those one-nil's won't happen as much this year given the defensive options. Losing Clarke is a huge blow.

Finally got round to watching the Man U game. 

I thought Morrison looked pretty good for someone who's not played regularly for a while. 

If his head is in the right place I would give him a contract at least for six months. 

He will need fan support so I suggest we get all Torvill and Dean and hum Ravel's Bolero. 

⛸️ ?

On 15/07/2021 at 18:01, GangwayD said:

There are a few players who once they find their 'home' then they settle and show the sort of consistent form which meant other clubs originally invested in them.

Sometimes the pieces just fit. 

Shouldn't be an expensive gamble and Rooney will obviously know him so lets hope he can polish this diamond.

Cheers 

Gangway D from the terrace. 

If you want to make a case for exceptions, the you could argue being on big money for a youngster at Utd and Wham might not have been helpful, take out 3 foreign moves (apparently he was homesick early on at lazio), a handful of loans and its easy to say none were probably conducive to him settling and hitting form. Maybe here could be different but I remain unconvinced. MLS beckons I reckon.

39 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Of the utter DROSS we have on trial at the minute, he's probably the best option tbh. We really are in a desperate position!

Agree but still think Sibley is more of an influence.  Same with Festy looked lively.

50 minutes ago, Bucko said:

I'm hearing he's Had a contract offer from Peterborough ? I don't think we'll be able to compete with that 

So annoying when this type of thing happens.  Player uses our clubs resources to get fit etc, then goes elsewhere!