Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

I know a lot of people will question his attitude but they are probably the same people who questioned CKRs.

This lad has the ability, he would improve us for sure & I reckon would get fans on the edge of their seats when he is on the ball.

For anyone who do want to judge him for anything off the field his interview with Rio Ferdinand is well worth a watch. Video link below.

I would be very happy with this signing.

Edited by DCFC1388

If and it is a massive if Rooney and the coaches can get into his head and get an arm around his shoulder and the club can support and monitor him outside of football (with his consent ie. Get him a flat in a quiet area, get someone like davies to mentor him) he could be a great player.

Can a leopard change its spots at the 15th or so attempt.....

10 minutes ago, BPV said:

Would love to be wrong, but can only see this going the same way as Ibe. Different circumstances obviously, but has failed to sort himself out at any club he’s been to. 

Clearly a talented player but doesn’t have his head in it at all. 

Where has he done well ?

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What makes you think that? I’ve just looked at his stats.

Its not all about stats, anyone who has seen him play knows he is incredibly talented he just needs to settle down now. He will easily be the most naturally talented player in our squad.

Cant really compare him to Ibe who had barely kicked a ball for over a year & clearly had his demons whereas Morrison has been playing at teams just not for long & seems to know where/why his career has dropped off and not lived up to the hype.

Edited by DCFC1388

In early 2011, Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.[70] After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling.[71] In February 2012, Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, responding to criticism by calling another user a "faggot".[72] He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt.[73] He was fined £7,000.[74]

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother.[75] He was freed on bail after three days in custody.[76] In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015.[77] In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.[78] On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.[79]

No thanks.

Edited by Sheikh n Bake

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know a lot of people will question his attitude but they are probably the same people who questioned CKRs.

Who was questioning the attitude of CKR before he signed? A lot of people were questioning his ability and rightfully so, but he never had the same issues that morrison had. Completely different situations.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

This lad has the ability, he would improve us for sure & I reckon would get fans on the edge of their seats when he is on the ball.

For anyone who do want to judge him for anything off the field his interview with Rio Ferdinand is well worth a watch. Video link below.

I would be very happy with this signing.

I’d say there’s a big difference between Kaz and Morrison.

Morrison is/was very talented, but has for whatever reason never capitalised on that talent, carries a lot of baggage and a line of managers and clubs have failed to draw much out him.

Kaz on the other hand is nowhere near as talented, but is a decent hardworking player, who’s made a career for himself by being versatile and trying different things.

Im not going to write Morrison off, but I’m not sure about a player with such potential who’s not played more than 20 games in a season since 2012.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Who was questioning the attitude of CKR before he signed? A lot of people were questioning his ability and rightfully so, but he never had the same issues that morrison had. Completely different situations.

A lot of people questioned CKRs attitude (as well as his ability) and mentioned about his past falling outs at clubs etc

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I’d say there’s a big difference between Kaz and Morrison.

Morrison is/was very talented, but has for whatever reason never capitalised on that talent, carries a lot of baggage and a line of managers and clubs have failed to draw much out him.

Kaz on the other hand is nowhere near as talented, but is a decent hardworking player, who’s made a career for himself by being versatile and trying different things.

Im not going to write Morrison off, but I’m not sure about a player with such potential who’s not played more than 20 games in a season since 2012.

It may work or  it could be thin ice, some sort of a bolero. I had better get my skates on.