Ravel Morrison - signed 1 year deal

Sean

15 minutes ago, TomG said:

So annoying when this type of thing happens.  Player uses our clubs resources to get fit etc, then goes elsewhere!

I’d take what he says with a lorry load of salt. That being said I hope it’s true. This club is enough of a circus without adding this clown in.

13 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’d take what he says with a lorry load of salt. That being said I hope it’s true. This club is enough of a circus without adding this clown in.

Yeah lets sign up some more Anya type players, never a worry about them. ?

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah lets sign up some more Anya type players, never a worry about them. ?

Not once have I said anything about Anya? Although I did have a dog called Anya when I was a lad!

his track record is awful (even you can’t argue that?!) and we need stability now more than ever. Do you honestly think Morrison is that guy? 

On 24/07/2021 at 19:42, Kamikaze said:

Of the utter DROSS we have on trial at the minute, he's probably the best option tbh. We really are in a desperate position!

You obviously haven't seen Jagielka play then if you think he's been dross. Stearman hasn't been too shabby either.

2 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Not once have I said anything about Anya? Although I did have a dog called Anya when I was a lad!

his track record is awful (even you can’t argue that?!) and we need stability now more than ever. Do you honestly think Morrison is that guy? 

I don't know, but I read the stuff with interviews with his last two managers (inc Wilder) and they were very positive. He's undoubtedly a talent, the preseason has already shown that. We'll need as much creativity as we can get our hands on, and when that has to be free or loan then that limits it. He might no play well but it does sound like personally he's managing to sort himself out.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know, but I read the stuff with interviews with his last two managers (inc Wilder) and they were very positive. He's undoubtedly a talent, the preseason has already shown that. We'll need as much creativity as we can get our hands on, and when that has to be free or loan then that limits it. He might no play well but it does sound like personally he's managing to sort himself out.

I’m not denying he’s talented in the slightest but why isn’t he playing for those last two managers? 

I know we are shopping in the bargain bin but I just don’t trust him to keep himself committed and available. It would be a massive risk to use one of our available spaces on him IMO. 

1 minute ago, Bucko said:

The state of players we have to look forward to is utter poo

A player that has played close to 600 games, most of them in the prem and played for England 40 times. Who are you expecting us to sign?, a team that's not been in the top league for 13 seasons. Maguire?

4 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’m not denying he’s talented in the slightest but why isn’t he playing for those last two managers? 

One (the foreign one I can't remember - interview in the Athletic btw) was about the time of the pandemic starting and the other Wilder it was suggested that he didn't fit the system being played. Nothing to do with 'bad behaviour'.

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, I would not at all be upset if Morrison wasn’t to sign. The likelihood is that even if he signs we never see anything other than a player who is somewhat neat and tidy but produces very little in terms of goals and assists. 

Whilst we can't base much of an opinion based on one performance, he was the player closest to scoring with his diving header and set Aluko and Baldock up with just the keeper to beat. 

He showed more spark than any other Derby player but we didn't make good use of him. 

If he gets his head right we'd be mad not to sign him. 

Edited by Anag Ram
Typo

51 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, I would not at all be upset if Morrison wasn’t to sign. The likelihood is that even if he signs we never see anything other than a player who is somewhat neat and tidy but produces very little in terms of goals and assists. 

That Will Hughes bloke is somewhat neat and tidy but produces very little in terms of goals and assists.

Bet you'd take him on a free though? I'd reckon you'd probably be happy paying £2m-£3m if not more for him if we had the cash?

Morrison's ability/ceiling is probably still higher than Will's.. and that's not knocking Will in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Coconut

3 hours ago, Bucko said:

I'm hearing he's Had a contract offer from Peterborough ? I don't think we'll be able to compete with that 

If so why is he training with us as of today then , don't you think he might be in Peterborough instead ? You are coming out with some rubbish.