Come on Derby get our season tickets out

B4ev6is

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I don’t think you can have your ticket on a mobile and use it to get in. You have to print it and in A4 - the instructions on that have always been explicit to date. I would guess that the technology on our ‘gates’ isn’t modern enough to read mobile screens given how long ago they were put in.

They’ve sold mobile tickets previously. I’ve used them before with no issues for a few years. 

Edit: as far back as 2017. So the turnstiles are capable. https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/04/rams-trialling-mobile-tickets-at-pride-park-stadium

Edited by ThePrisoner

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

They’ve sold mobile tickets previously. I’ve used them before with no issues for a few years. 

Edit: as far back as 2017. So the turnstiles are capable. https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/04/rams-trialling-mobile-tickets-at-pride-park-stadium

Maybe they’ll revisit the trial. I’m not sure that they actually rolled it out it after the trial had taken place - the requirement to print the tickets on A4 has been pretty standard 

22 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I've posted this elsewhere, but I used to scan my ST Card just by flashing it in front of the reader at the turnstile a few years back, then it stopped working, so I had to start slotting the card into the reader. 

For at least the last 2 seasons, if not more, any matchday tickets I've purchased (for others and/or cup games for me) ("Proper" tickets over the counter, not E Tickets) have also had to be physically inserted into the slot to get the barcode read.
I'm pretty certain any previous capabilities of "contactless scanning" ceased a while back, presumably for "technical reasons"?  

19 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Maybe they’ll revisit the trial. I’m not sure that they actually rolled it out it after the trial had taken place - the requirement to print the tickets on A4 has been pretty standard 

I used it for Fulham in February of last year when I sat elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've posted this elsewhere, but I used to scan my ST Card just by flashing it in front of the reader at the turnstile a few years back, then it stopped working, so I had to start slotting the card into the reader. 

For at least the last 2 seasons, if not more, any matchday tickets I've purchased (for others and/or cup games for me) ("Proper" tickets over the counter, not E Tickets) have also had to be physically inserted into the slot to get the barcode read.
I'm pretty certain any previous capabilities of "contactless scanning" ceased a while back, presumably for "technical reasons"?  

This just scanned the barcode off your phone, wasn’t contactless as per the below4522FDBF-BCA3-44A5-9355-29BCF1465A58.thumb.png.dbddfbaff020d287bf8f9ba95b1317bc.png

3 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

It's absolutely embarrassing that we have to print tickets out at home , this is 2021 we should be able to have the functionality built into the Derby county app ffs!

Looking above it looks like it can be added to your passbook as if it were apple pay?

Talks are underway with the Premier League and government on if fans should be double vaccinated or not to get into stadiums this season. Also says the EFL are watching carefully.

How are we only a couple of weeks away from the start of the new season and things like this have not been decided.

Once again, I’ll say it looks like a sensible move not to sell season tickets. What a pooshow this all is.

https://news.sky.com/story/large-events-such-as-premier-league-matches-could-be-open-only-to-the-fully-vaccinated-12363347

I renewed my ticket early last year, before they stopped season ticket sales.

I didn’t particularly need the money, so I didn’t ask for a refund - I figured it would put me at the head of the queue for a ticket this year. 

My concern is that the club don’t want to talk to me. The ticket office phone line isn’t manned, and they don’t respond to email. 

At the moment the club has just over £1000 of my money. 

Presumably others are in the same boat. Has anyone had any communication back from the club about its intentions?

I’d be OK with it being a fund I can dip into to buy tickets through the season. 

4 minutes ago, ck- said:

I renewed my ticket early last year, before they stopped season ticket sales.

I didn’t particularly need the money, so I didn’t ask for a refund - I figured it would put me at the head of the queue for a ticket this year. 

My concern is that the club don’t want to talk to me. The ticket office phone line isn’t manned, and they don’t respond to email. 

At the moment the club has just over £1000 of my money. 

Presumably others are in the same boat. Has anyone had any communication back from the club about its intentions?

I’d be OK with it being a fund I can dip into to buy tickets through the season. 

They have said it carries on for this season , so you essentially have season tickets for this year but need to do your ticket on a match by match basis . Someone correct me if im wrong.

11 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

They have said it carries on for this season , so you essentially have season tickets for this year but need to do your ticket on a match by match basis . Someone correct me if im wrong.

No you will get tickets at reduce costs but still have to pay for them.