Jump to content

Come on Derby get our season tickets out


 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I also think it is a sensible approach despite Derby being the only club doing it - currently 

I think we were probably forced to delay because of the uncertainty as to which league we’d be in etc. Without all of that going on I wonder if we would have opened the renewals/sales windows as normal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If, as things stand, we get to October with the ability to have full  capacity with fans who have a vaccine passport and fans buying tickets on a game-by-game basis then would it be unreasonable to predict league attendances shy of the 15k mark - perhaps closer to 12k? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m still unsure how it will work for fans that renued season tickets last season. So we are allowed 23 home game vouchers?  Do we have to go through the website ordeal every home game? Wouldn’t it have been easier to let us use the season ticket cards we already have? 
Apologies if I’m being slow here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If, as things stand, we get to October with the ability to have full  capacity with fans who have a vaccine passport and fans buying tickets on a game-by-game basis then would it be unreasonable to predict league attendances shy of the 15k mark - perhaps closer to 12k? 

Well you're guaranteed 8.5k as they get "free" tickets from having a season ticket for 20/21. Then you've got away fans of say, 2k average. 10,500 guaranteed. You're then considering out of the c13k who had a ST in 19/20 and who now pay match by match will want to go every week. 

Looking at that, 15k isn't unrealistic, I guess it all depends on how we're doing. But that's with vaccined or not allowed in. I imagine there aren't going to many DCFC fans who meet the criteria of wanting to go but can't because they're not double jabbed. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

I’m still unsure how it will work for fans that renued season tickets last season. So we are allowed 23 home game vouchers?  Do we have to go through the website ordeal every home game? Wouldn’t it have been easier to let us use the season ticket cards we already have? 
Apologies if I’m being slow here.

The chip in The current cards we hold have expired according to the announcement. 
 

Yes you will have to book your ticket in a game by game basis but it is free to do so if you are a ST holder from last season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

I’m still unsure how it will work for fans that renued season tickets last season. So we are allowed 23 home game vouchers?  Do we have to go through the website ordeal every home game? Wouldn’t it have been easier to let us use the season ticket cards we already have? 
Apologies if I’m being slow here.

Put simply, yes to all! Every single supporter has to order and print off their ticket (or have it on a mobile I presume). It's just that 20/21 don't pay anything whereas 19/20 and everyone else when it comes to general sale does. As I understand there will be three levels of ticket price depending on the nature of the fixture, as is usual. So games against Forest, West Brom, that sort, will be more expensive.

The club has said you can't use the old ST card as the chip has expired. And it will cost more to print, calibrate and administer more cards than it will to get people to do the hard work themselves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see now that we are forced to book online, rather than use it as a preference, whether they will continue the charge of £1 per ticket booking fee, which for me who had 3 STs in 19/20 adds on another £69 per season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Well you're guaranteed 8.5k as they get "free" tickets from having a season ticket for 20/21. Then you've got away fans of say, 2k average. 10,500 guaranteed. You're then considering out of the c13k who had a ST in 19/20 and who now pay match by match will want to go every week. 

Looking at that, 15k isn't unrealistic, I guess it all depends on how we're doing. But that's with vaccined or not allowed in. I imagine there aren't going to many DCFC fans who meet the criteria of wanting to go but can't because they're not double jabbed. 

 

Is the 8.5k the total number of supporters whom had their season tickets transferred over from the previous season?

If it is then I can't see anything like 100% attendance from this group at the start of the season especially as I still think that there were be a certain amount of nervousness with a proportion of people attending large scale gatherings......

It's the floating supporters where I can see the biggest dent in the numbers especially if we start this season as we finished the last.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

It will be interesting to see now that we are forced to book online, rather than use it as a preference, whether they will continue the charge of £1 per ticket booking fee, which for me who had 3 STs in 19/20 adds on another £69 per season. 

Remains to be seen but I’d very surprised if 20/21 season ticket holders were charged anything but, if we are, I wouldn’t complain too much as I was expecting a bit of a price rise anyway. If it’s only £1 that’s OK. Obviously it might be different for 19/20 season ticket holders but, once again, if the price rise is only the £1 booking fee (seems unlikely) then I don’t think there would be too much to complain about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is the 8.5k the total number of supporters whom had their season tickets transferred over from the previous season?

If it is then I can't see anything like 100% attendance from this group at the start of the season especially as I still think that there were be a certain amount of nervousness with a proportion of people attending large scale gatherings......

It's the floating supporters where I can see the biggest dent in the numbers especially if we start this season as we finished the last.....

Yes, that's the number who bought STs for last season. 

And I agree, nervousness, holidays and a poor start could see a sticky August and Sept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Remains to be seen but I’d very surprised if 20/21 season ticket holders were charged anything but, if we are, I wouldn’t complain too much as I was expecting a bit of a price rise anyway. If it’s only £1 that’s OK. Obviously it might be different for 19/20 season ticket holders but, once again, if the price rise is only the £1 booking fee (seems unlikely) then I don’t think there would be too much to complain about.

Indeed, I'm just interested to tally up all costs of what a ST would have cost against going to every game on a MbM basis, not that it matters as it's a moot argument. We won't know until ticket prices are released, but I'd budgeted for STs so it's helpful to make a comparison (to me anyway!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Well you're guaranteed 8.5k as they get "free" tickets from having a season ticket for 20/21. Then you've got away fans of say, 2k average. 10,500 guaranteed. You're then considering out of the c13k who had a ST in 19/20 and who now pay match by match will want to go every week. 

Looking at that, 15k isn't unrealistic, I guess it all depends on how we're doing. But that's with vaccined or not allowed in. I imagine there aren't going to many DCFC fans who meet the criteria of wanting to go but can't because they're not double jabbed. 

 

I was thinking more of the night games, such as Luton on the 19th October. It will be interesting to see what the numbers come out for that one, especially if we’re doing as badly as expected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I was thinking more of the night games, such as Luton on the 19th October. It will be interesting to see what the numbers come out for that one, especially if we’re doing as badly as expected. 

If you want to strike a note of optimism (I know, I know), I think only 11,000 turned up for Jim Smith's first game in charge, a 0-0 draw against Port Vale, it was all doom and gloom in those days as well, and look what happened out of the blue that season!! Even then, crowds were around 15-17k mark. I think it was only when we've been in the Prem that we suddenly began attracting north of £27k regularly. 

The fact we've managed to sustain above 25k in the last few years of Championship football is a miracle. Perhaps we are about to see the settle back into a more "natural" level of attendance. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Der le lerrr, WANCHOPE said:

Anyone have any updates? I'm wondering how I am going to get in on the 7th. Getting a bot late in the day to post our season tickets.

You’re not getting season tickets. If you renewed then you’ll get free Game by game tickets that you’ll need print off to get it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

If you want to strike a note of optimism (I know, I know), I think only 11,000 turned up for Jim Smith's first game in charge, a 0-0 draw against Port Vale, it was all doom and gloom in those days as well, and look what happened out of the blue that season!! Even then, crowds were around 15-17k mark. I think it was only when we've been in the Prem that we suddenly began attracting north of £27k regularly. 

The fact we've managed to sustain above 25k in the last few years of Championship football is a miracle. Perhaps we are about to see the settle back into a more "natural" level of attendance. 

 

Capacity at BBG at last seasons was limiting factor. I know people who could not get tickets often.

Ideally they would at least have a printing facility at the ground as I don’t have a printer and don’t plan to get one just for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/07/2021 at 14:51, VulcanRam said:

Put simply, yes to all! Every single supporter has to order and print off their ticket (or have it on a mobile I presume). It's just that 20/21 don't pay anything whereas 19/20 and everyone else when it comes to general sale does. As I understand there will be three levels of ticket price depending on the nature of the fixture, as is usual. So games against Forest, West Brom, that sort, will be more expensive.

The club has said you can't use the old ST card as the chip has expired. And it will cost more to print, calibrate and administer more cards than it will to get people to do the hard work themselves. 

I don’t think you can have your ticket on a mobile and use it to get in. You have to print it and in A4 - the instructions on that have always been explicit to date. I would guess that the technology on our ‘gates’ isn’t modern enough to read mobile screens given how long ago they were put in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I don’t think you can have your ticket on a mobile and use it to get in. You have to print it and in A4 - the instructions on that have always been explicit to date. I would guess that the technology on our ‘gates’ isn’t modern enough to read mobile screens given how long ago they were put in.

Yes I wrote this before buying Betis tickets, and you're right, it explicitly says print on A4 and do not use a mobile

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.