Come on Derby get our season tickets out

B4ev6is

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Typical though, leave it to the 'customer service staff' to have to deal with enforcing any company policy. 

I always think about this when it gets mentioned on the news or whatever.

I'm so glad I got out of retail a couple of years back. I was threatened/abused enough as it was, and I can only imagine some of the possible situations where a staff member tells someone to put a mask on.

Edited by Scott129

8 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I always think about this when it gets mentioned on the news or whatever.

I'm so glad I got out of retail a couple of years back. I was threatened/abused enough as it was, and I can only imagine some of the possible situations where a staff member tells someone to put a mask on.

Or your groceries are home delivered and the shopper can't/doesn't want to understand why the driver won't (currently according to the Sainsbury's bloke just been) bring the stuff inside for them!

Edited by RoyMac5

I tried email Derby county to see when season tickets go on sale all I got was.

Ticket office been shut since march 2020 and shall remain shut but surely now this is getting beyond a joke surely someone knows what is going off.

I am wanting to renew mine time is running out surely they could start sending out letters to people by now.

9 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Now compulsory on London Transport. I could see that extending to coach travel if not buses for the short 

Well been for buses for ages now but surely if stuck with cov19 sooner or later masks got to go away.

To summarise:

Not selling STs yet, because COVID is still a problem in spite of what the government think
If they still aren't selling STs when the season starts, ST holders from last season (20/21) will be able to 'buy' match tickets first for their seat. 19/20 ST holders will be able to purchase for a discount.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

Seems a sensible approach. I see many on twitter and FB are moaning and twisting it to be the club taking the fans for a ride. The sames fans would be moaning if they were being asked to pay out.

Some will see it as a sure sign of a takeover. Some see it as a sure sign of immediate administration.  There is also the fact that we may still get a points deduction which I know a number of Wednesday fans complained that they had paid for an ST for a side that was effectively relegated, as they saw it.

My view is that it's a sensible and pragmatic approach to an unprecedented situation.  The club has addressed the issue for 20/21 season ticket holders who will get their tickets without paying out. 19/20 but none 20/21 ticket holders get a discounted rate.  Everyone else can try and buy on a match by match basis. Seems eminently sensible. Will result in reduced attendances but the costs are probably offset against the burden  of managing refunds at that scale which no business wants to do.

I do think some Derby fans will be really disappointed if we get a decent ownership group....what will they have to moaning about then?

I think its a mess and the approach is a mess. Sadly, the fans will pick holes in it very easier.

For instance - I am a 20/21 ST holder. OK, game by game I will be printing tickets off. If I can't attend a game, will I remain in credit. So say I can only do 21/24 games this coming season, will I end up in credit?

Also - I'm not in favour of the club now predicting what they think might happen instead of going with what the Government legislation actually is. This is dangerous grounds in my eyes.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I think its a mess and the approach is a mess. Sadly, the fans will pick holes in it very easier.

For instance - I am a 20/21 ST holder. OK, game by game I will be printing tickets off. If I can't attend a game, will I remain in credit. So say I can only do 21/24 games this coming season, will I end up in credit?

Also - I'm not in favour of the club now predicting what they think might happen instead of going with what the Government legislation actually is. This is dangerous grounds in my eyes.

Someone expecting play offs ? 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Would you get a credit if you missed a game during a regular season? No, so why should you get one now?

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Since when has not being able to go to a game if you are a season ticket holder meant you end up in credit? That's not the clubs fault if you can't go. 

This is a sensible and cautious approach by the club which also honours those supporters that committed to the 2021/22 season. 

I have had to email the club. As it doesn't mention anything about the Rams Squad Membership Season Tickets. I bought one for my lad last season for the 20/21 season, which came with the free season ticket. So would imagine this would be honoured a long with normal season ticket holder?

24 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Would you get a credit if you missed a game during a regular season? No, so why should you get one now?

I assume by "can't attend" he means because the stadium is shut again, or at reduced capacity.  There's a world of difference between missing a game because you're doing something else, and wanting to go to a game but not being legally allowed to attend when you've bought a ticket.

45 minutes ago, rammieib said:

why would you be? that isn't a thing in any other season???? 

So if I have this right, as a 20/21 season ticket holder. My seat is safe and I just have to get a FOC match by match ticket to go instead of using my card?  Seems ok to me 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

To summarise:

Not selling STs yet, because COVID is still a problem in spite of what the government think
If they still aren't selling STs when the season starts, ST holders from last season (20/21) will be able to 'buy' match tickets first for their seat. 19/20 ST holders will be able to purchase for a discount.

I think there is one important correction unless I’m reading the announcement incorrectly.

Doesn’t it say tickets will be free of charge to 20/21 season ticket holders?