Come on Derby get our season tickets out

B4ev6is

Thanks all.
 It’s all very well them saying “As advised previously” but they haven’t emailed, written to me, or called me. Given that I’ve provided them a free loan for months, that’s poor. 

But it gives me something to moan about, which as a fully signed up “Grumpy old man” is actually a bonus ?

9 minutes ago, ck- said:

Thanks all.
 It’s all very well them saying “As advised previously” but they haven’t emailed, written to me, or called me. Given that I’ve provided them a free loan for months, that’s poor. 

But it gives me something to moan about, which as a fully signed up “Grumpy old man” is actually a bonus ?

They haven't anyone mate,it's all been via tweets etc.

36 minutes ago, David said:

That’s why this forum is great to spread the information out there. I maybe a little biased. 

Absolutely.

Jim Chair of Rams Trust didn't even know this information had been released.

(Incidentally, when asked to name the Supporters Charter Group he remembered Flagman Nick and Olly but completely forgot dcfcfans!) 

People do need to realise that snail mail communication is a thing of the past.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Absolutely.

Jim Chair of Rams Trust didn't even know this information had been released.

(Incidentally, when asked to name the Supporters Charter Group he remembered Flagman Nick and Olly but completely forgot dcfcfans!) 

People do need to realise that snail mail communication is a thing of the past.

If you put me on the spot I’d possibly forget one or two if I’m honest. Without looking. 

Official Supporters Club, Disabled Supporters Club, RamsTrust, DCFC Collection, Rams Active, Nick.

Wasn’t aware Olly has been included tbh, this has possibly came since the letter that was signed, could be more new faces as there is also Club84 now who have been in touch with the club.

Total Derby (Joel, formally Derby County Podcast) was however he decided to leave, we now have a number of new podcasts so I honestly don’t know now who will be there next week.

3 minutes ago, David said:

If you put me on the spot I’d possibly forget one or two if I’m honest. Without looking. 

Official Supporters Club, Disabled Supporters Club, RamsTrust, DCFC Collection, Rams Active, Nick.

Wasn’t aware Olly has been included tbh, this has possibly came since the letter that was signed, could be more new faces as there is also Club84 now who have been in touch with the club.

Total Derby (Joel, formally Derby County Podcast) was however he decided to leave, we now have a number of new podcasts so I honestly don’t know now who will be there next week.

Punjabi Rams. That wasn’t intentional! ??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, David said:

What I am most interested about with these representatives is what their views are 'representative' of. 

It's easy to understand the supporters groups, the forums, Rams Trust etc as they have a body of people contributing and therefore a cross section of opinions. Less sure about podcasts and flagman, who are surely individuals or very small groups?

Having said that our Forum is in no way formalised so who is to say what the prevailing opinion is? 

Not a criticism as such, just an observation. 

I think Jim mentioned Punjabi Rams too? Oops, just seen your next post!

Edited by angieram

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Imagine you're going on holiday next week, coming back late Friday and don't have access to a printer.

What on earth are you supposed to do?

Use the QR code on your phone?

Just now, angieram said:

What I am most interested about with these representatives is what their views are 'representative' of. 

It's easy to understand the supporters groups, the forums, Rams Trust etc as they have a body of people contributing and therefore a cross section of opinions. Less sure about podcasts and flagman, who are surely individuals or very small groups?

Having said that our Forum is in no way formalised so who is to say what the prevailing opinion is? 

Not a criticism as such, just an observation. 

I think Jim mentioned Punjabi Rams too? 

On ourselves, this is why I didn’t sign off on the letter to the club, we are not formalised, simply a platform to air our opinions that I created, which we disagree with each other on a daily basis.

How I’ve worked around that is to create a topic, ask for questions and then use the like count to gauge which are the most popular questions to put forward.

Meetings only run between 1/2 hours so every supporters question can’t really be asked.

With podcasts, they are more active on platforms such as Twitter, I’m sure they get lots of feedback from fans in their replies through the discussions they have that can be put forward.

At the time it was only really Joel that was doing a podcast I believe, since then SBW, Ramswriter, Rams Review and I’m sure I’ve seen a couple others as well launch since the formation of the Supporters Charter.

As I say, I don’t know if any have been invited to the Supporters Charter since the last meeting which I didn’t notice anyone new on the minutes list.

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Imagine you're going on holiday next week, coming back late Friday and don't have access to a printer.

What on earth are you supposed to do?

Get a friend/relative/neighbour to print it for you. It is getting a bit late now though.

I understood why the club didn't release season ticket sales prematurely due to the potential for new restrictions on capacity events and totally supported the idea that we shouldn't be selling them until we could be reasonably confident that there wouldn't be people potentially missing out. 

However, this no longer seems to be in the government plans and with cases ratcheting downwards plus the vaccination drive seemingly doing its job, I don't really know why we're still the only club hesitating on this. If vaccination is likely to be a pre-condition for getting access to big stadium events, open up the ticket office and get people to show proof of vaccination before being able to buy a season ticket. 

The lack of availability for Huddersfield is also a bit of a mystery to me. There could be a very good reason why we can't get tickets yet but it doesn't seem very practical to be waiting so late in the day to get them on sale.  Even if we're only getting 20-23,000 coming for the opening game that's still a lot of transactions to process in the days remaining .