Government Survey on the Running of Football in England

JfR

27 minutes ago, JfR said:

At the risk of instigating an unintentional DDoS attack, I thought some of you might be interested in this as a somewhat productive way of channelling dissatisfaction with the EFL

Just done it. I think this is worthy of a separate thread so it doesn’t get missed.

Edited by Tamworthram

28 minutes ago, JfR said:

At the risk of instigating an unintentional DDoS attack, I thought some of you might be interested in this as a somewhat productive way of channelling dissatisfaction with the EFL

Thank you. Specifically asks questions on continuing parachute payments, EFL performance so if you want your view on these to be registered.........

34 minutes ago, JfR said:

Done. Takes about 10 minutes depending on how quickly you read and how long an anti-EFL tirade you add at the end! ?

Mods @GboroRam? Suggestion is a separate thread for the football governance questionnaire?

Edited by RoyMac5

Went on the not fit for purpose line, not independent enough from clubs all acting in self interest, said P&S has been weaponised with too much focus on penalising rival clubs rather than addressing the issues (parachute payments and salaries)

Also said should be greater focus on owners who own multiple clubs and use that as a way to circumvent FFP (had to get that one in!!)

44 minutes ago, ck- said:

I was quite restrained:

”EFL board needs to be formally reviewed and replaced by officials with comprehensive understanding of business methodologies. Currently it is a hopelessly inadequate mess of egos and incompetence”

I'm proud of only stating 'unfit for purpose' once. Really wanted to finish every sentence with the same phrase.....

Done.  Will be honest and admit I didn't understand the detail of all the questions (is this really targeted at the "average" fan?) however I did get in "not fit for purpose", "incompetent, inconsistent, hypocritical" and "unethical use of P&S to target clubs trying to get in the PL..." among others. 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Very misleading questionnaire which is going to bring a lot of biased results... but of course I filled it in.

I suspect there is already a plan and this is a bit of a tick box but I did it anyway.  Possibly akin to advertising a job externally, because HR says you have to, whilst knowing already you're going to fill it internally with Billy Bob from Accounts. But maybe I'm just cynical in my old age. 

Done.. Struggled with the fan involvement at board level. Bit of a minefield that as we have seen here.. How do you appoint that group? 

Rams Trust, got absolutely mullered when they wrote to the club. Would it make things more devise? I dunno.. We've already seen having a fan on the board is disaster. 

The devil is always in the detail on these things. 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That rather depends on what the purpose of it is. Not sure I know but I'll beetle off to the EFL site for education.... 

I can confirm that I am none the wiser. 

Why does the EFL homepage have an article charting the history of epl player Harry kane? 

Is this the problem - there is only a need for one regulator and two are just jostling for position and influence? 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Done.. Struggled with the fan involvement at board level. Bit of a minefield that as we have seen here.. How do you appoint that group? 

Rams Trust, got absolutely mullered when they wrote to the club. Would it make things more devise? I dunno.. We've already seen having a fan on the board is disaster. 

The devil is always in the detail on these things. 

Agreed from my experience back in the aftermath of Maxwell when various directors were vying for power when Lionel was taking over fan groups  were used to pass on messages , given platitudes and they when not useful anymore patted on the head and told to run along. Can’t think it’s changed now. Also so many politics involved in the fan groups as to who should be on the board and what the involvement should be.