Pulling a sickie.

Rev

Managing a lot of younger folks often on mandatory placements from JCP I've had a few jems

I don't  have an alarm clock so I can only be on time if I wake up

Can't afford sanitary products so I can't come into work

In my culture it's christmas day

My flatmate put superglue in all the locks as a joke so I can't leave the house

And my favourite, just for the fallout, my dad died... check his facebook and he was on a caravan holiday in Skegness that week, his dad was in the paper that week for completing marathons or similar, and the extended searching by the business threw up that he had an undisclosed prison sentence for the previous few years for both fraud, and trying to burn his house down and frame his business partner.

Worst wasn't an excuse, but we had to eject a work experience student who in just one morning had taken half the contents of the stationery cupboard and put them in his rucksack and then decided to have a w@nk at the reception desk. All on CCTV!!!

7 minutes ago, Rample said:

Managing a lot of younger folks often on mandatory placements from JCP I've had a few jems

I don't  have an alarm clock so I can only be on time if I wake up

Can't afford sanitary products so I can't come into work

In my culture it's christmas day

My flatmate put superglue in all the locks as a joke so I can't leave the house

And my favourite, just for the fallout, my dad died... check his facebook and he was on a caravan holiday in Skegness that week, his dad was in the paper that week for completing marathons or similar, and the extended searching by the business threw up that he had an undisclosed prison sentence for the previous few years for both fraud, and trying to burn his house down and frame his business partner.

Worst wasn't an excuse, but we had to eject a work experience student who in just one morning had taken half the contents of the stationery cupboard and put them in his rucksack and then decided to have a w@nk at the reception desk. All on CCTV!!!

We had a lad caught wnaking on CCTV whilst washing the teacups, simultaneously sticking a finger up his arse, also whilr wearing a Forest shirt.

I've a sneaking admiration for the way he toughed it out, and is still employed 20 years later.

Basically, we've only sacked two people ever, and they were bizarrely both on Christmas Eve!

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

We had a lad caught wnaking on CCTV whilst washing the teacups, simultaneously sticking a finger up his arse, also whilr wearing a Forest shirt.

I've a sneaking admiration for the way he toughed it out, and is still employed 20 years later.

How embarrassing. Wearing a Forest shirt.

21 hours ago, Rev said:

Basically, we've only sacked two people ever, and they were bizarrely both on Christmas Eve!

Someone where I work took a dump in a customers car park, tried to run it over with their vehicle and missed, all caught on camera. Somehow still has their job a couple of years or so later. 

Unbelievable!