Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

30 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That's not strictly true. Everyone gets a tax free allowance on their savings (£1000 or £500 depending on what tax band you're in) and my point was that many of us have a while to wait before they need to worry about tax on their savings. Even at 0.5% you'd have to have £200k of savings.

You wouldn't know it but, I've worked in retail banking for over 30 years so I know how ISA's work.

So is it now the case that isa income is set against your "allowance" or does that sit separately? 

I don't do cash investments now so haven't paid any attention for a few years. Our IFA still says that we should be fully funding isas each year and the amount is still limited so I assume that is still a tax favoured route. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So is it now the case that isa income is set against your "allowance" or does that sit separately? 

I don't do cash investments now so haven't paid any attention for a few years. Our IFA still says that we should be fully funding isas each year and the amount is still limited so I assume that is still a tax favoured route. 

Interest earned on Cash ISA's do not have any impact on your personal allowance and wouldn't be included in your self assessment.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

*whisper* Went for quick peek, saw the bundle offer being mentioned, might we do it for the final 3 preseason games? The Man U game is only available to us in the UK, so our foreign fans would have to watch via MUTV (£7.99/month sub?).

Also saw a comment quoting Pearson from a local news interview, in the Post:

Lol. Gonna be a feisty season then?! ? 

Hopefully will give them something to talk about on the Bristol City message-board other than our finances!

I'm not a big fan of pre-season friendlies and don't traditionally go and watch them so they haven't lost any of my revenue as I would rather let someone take my seat who would really enjoy it. However, I do think the club need to be able to strike a balance between making a profit and making Derby sustainable and not pricing out fans of which many atm will be facing more financial difficulties than in previous times. The club is not merely a business and whilst it needs to operate upon certain business principles it also needs to ensure that they're not pricing people out. 

I don't think that is moaning necessarily but maybe concern over if they're seriously charging £20 for a friendly then what will they be charging for season tickets/individual match tickets etc. I've been happy to fork over 25-30 quid a game for the past few years when I've lived in leeds for studying but I've been fortunate to have only small costs and cut my cloth accordingly. For many families the money that used to be there isn't. Covid hasn't simply had an enormous health impact it's also economically had a significant material impact.

Football is a fun activity and for many people it's their passion and yes no-one has a right to attend the fixtures. But I do think the club does need to look at its pricing strategy to see what can be done regarding tickets especially when it comes to individual tickets to see how it can be made more affordable. If we price struggling families out now then we'll lose the fans of tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Yeah because when im Out on a match day I’m constantly checking my banking app to work out how many times I’ve tapped my card for drinks.

So what you doing instead? Counting your coins? 

Assume we'll use two different teams for each half. 

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Davies Buchanan

Knight Bird Morrison 

Aluko CKR Lawrence

Roos

McDonald Jagielka Stearman Forsyth

Hutchinson Shinnie Watson

Ebosele Baldock Sibley

Formations/who starts each half could obviously be different but have I missed anyone out?