Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I won't be watching then. Last season you could get a monthly pass for £12.50 I believe. That's every game for a month. This is pre season. One pre season game and you have to pay £10. Complete joke.

The monthly pass is only for supporters based overseas. Also, why do our fans expect the club to give them everything for nothing? Don't like it, don't pay it. 

8 minutes ago, SunnyRam said:

The monthly pass is only for supporters based overseas. Also, why do our fans expect the club to give them everything for nothing? Don't like it, don't pay it. 

I’m sure many won’t pay £20 to go or £10 to watch it on TV. Seems to be a rooster up with pricing in my opinion anyway 

9 minutes ago, SunnyRam said:

Then that's their choice. No one is being forced to pay it. 

Couldn’t agree more, I’m pretty they won’t pay it and the club will lose Seriously needed revenue. 

Just now, angieram said:

Bristol City played Celtic at their training ground last night, so no fans or atmosphere. TV Match pass £10. 

This moaning about absolutely everything Derby does by certain posters is beyond tedious.

The moaning is much more worse on our social channels..... it's getting quite depressing really seeing all these moaners. Should be happy to finally be able to go watch your team again! 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure? 

I have a cash ISA with Paragon Bank advertising 0.5% and interest is paid monthly. Just checked the last interest received and it does work out exactly to the penny at 0.5%.

ISAs are tax exempt, but you are restricted in how much you can pay in. 

General cash savings into bank or building societies are not so interest is added to your income in tax return and gets taxed at your highest rate. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bristol City played Celtic at their training ground last night, so no fans or atmosphere. TV Match pass £10. 

Did you pay to watch Chrissy? ? 

Maybe this '£10 TV match pass' is a standard, also been set by the EFL? Was surprised there wasn't a 'bundle offer' like in previous preseasons.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

From my Santander account last year. Has gone down this week when it matured grrrr. Looking around for new deals ?

Always shop around. But take care. Don't forget that before they went pop Icelandic banks offered very good deals. 

And before that Northern Rock.... 

A rate that looks well out of line with the overall market is a good indicator of possible problems, or else why is that institution so desperate to attract cash? 

Good luck... ?

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

General cash savings into bank or building societies are not so interest is added to your income in tax return and gets taxed at your highest rate. 

The first £1000 is covered by your savings allowance or £500 if you're a higher rate taxpayer.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

The first £1000 is covered by your savings allowance or £500 if you're a higher rate taxpayer.

That is also true since 2016 or 17. I don't have building society cash income so haven't paid any attention as to whether the interest is therefore now paid gross or whether you still have to reclaim, as you always did if you were a non tax payer. 

Maybe I'm a bit out of date. 

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

I'd pay it tbh,seems fair

Good for you ?? I’d kinda pay the £20 to go (I think I actually will) although think it’s far too high for a friendly, but we haven’t been in for ages so it’s a big carrot. But £10 to watch it on the box, that’s crackers imo but as some have said it may be standard price imposed.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That is also true since 2016 or 17. I don't have building society cash income so haven't paid any attention as to whether the interest is therefore now paid gross or whether you still have to reclaim, as you always did if you were a non tax payer. 

Maybe I'm a bit out of date. 

We now receive it gross.

1 hour ago, SunnyRam said:

No I don't expect that. I'm hardly surprised. I was merely stating that there seems to have been a huge increase in pricing. With everything that has been going on at the club, this will just add to the frustration of many fans. The club will lose out on revenue. 

Edited by Rammy03

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you pay to watch Chrissy? ? 

Maybe this '£10 TV match pass' is a standard, also been set by the EFL? Was surprised there wasn't a 'bundle offer' like in previous preseasons.

He was captain last night, but no, I didn't. Finished 0-0.

Just whispering this, but Bristol City did have a bundle offer - 3 games for £20.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

He was captain last night, but no, I didn't. Finished 0-0.

Just whispering this, but Bristol City did have a bundle offer - 3 games for £20.

*whisper* Went for quick peek, saw the bundle offer being mentioned, might we do it for the final 3 preseason games? The Man U game is only available to us in the UK, so our foreign fans would have to watch via MUTV (£7.99/month sub?).

Also saw a comment quoting Pearson from a local news interview, in the Post:

"No Dan Bentley tonight. Just to clarify, is he injured?

He's fine. Did you not see him train before the game? He was training before the game. Max was always playing tonight. I don't understand why you're trying to second-guess why people are playing or not playing."

Because its the first open doors friendly of season and he has been first choice keeper...That's not brain surgery ? He is one angry man....

Lol. Gonna be a feisty season then?! ? 

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's not strictly true. Everyone gets a tax free allowance on their savings (£1000 or £500 depending on what tax band you're in) and my point was that many of us have a while to wait before they need to worry about tax on their savings. Even at 0.5% you'd have to have £200k of savings.

You wouldn't know it but, I've worked in retail banking for over 30 years so I know how ISA's work.