Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,the club have earned the interest from my £1000 or so sat in their bank account for the past 12 or so months and I've no quibble with that,together with all of the other fans who did the same.....so to my mind,small gestures of any sort to those loyal supporters go a long way.

I can't recall whether you stated that yourself invested in a season ticket or two for last season?

Have you seen interest rates recently? They wouldn’t be earning much per £1000. Certainly not enough to cover the price of two tickets for the United game. So, the gesture of giving you free tickets would definitely cost more than any interest they would have earned on your money.

Yes I did renew my season ticket last summer and, given everything that has gone on, am happy for it to be carried over to next year and the free RamsTV coverage I’ve received far outweighs any interest I could have earned on the money.

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Have you seen interest rates recently? They wouldn’t be earning much per £1000. Certainly not enough to cover the price of two tickets for the United game. So, the gesture of giving you free tickets would definitely cost more than any interest they would have earned on your money.

Yes I did renew my season ticket last summer and, given everything that has gone on, am happy for it to be carried over to next year and the free RamsTV coverage I’ve received far outweighs any interest I could have earned on the money.

The interest on a grand annually at current easy access account rates would be about a fiver 

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Another thing to consider: I would imagine more than 8000 people renewed so we’re not just taking about a handful. Meaning, it’s possible that a large proportion (maybe even all) of the fans attending would get in for free. The club might well end up losing money when you consider the costs of staging the game.

c8500 renewed and capacity for Sunday is c8000, so if everyone who had a ST last year got in free they would be running it at a loss. 

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

0.5%? I'll have some  of that!

Market average is currently about 0.07% or 35p on 1000 for a year. 

Before tax.....

A d that only applies for retail, as a corporate I can’t access any account that pays interest without locking it up

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You're paying anyway by receiving less than the quoted interest rate. So to receive 0.5%, the earned interest rate would be 0.625%. Good going in these times. 

Are you sure? 

I have a cash ISA with Paragon Bank advertising 0.5% and interest is paid monthly. Just checked the last interest received and it does work out exactly to the penny at 0.5%.

Look for those who don’t want to go. You can watch it in Rams player for £10. I Kidd you not, £10 ducking quid.

46 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure? 

I have a cash ISA with Paragon Bank advertising 0.5% and interest is paid monthly. Just checked the last interest received and it does work out exactly to the penny at 0.5%.

ISA's are tax free aren't they?

(Ignore me. Just read more content)

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

ISA's are tax free aren't they?

All savings interest is tax free up to a certain amount. I think it’s £1000 per year for a standard rate tax payer meaning at 0.5% you’d have to have savings (excluding ISA’s) of £200,000 before you started to pay tax on it.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Look for those who don’t want to go. You can watch it in Rams player for £10. I Kidd you not, £10 ducking quid.

I won't be watching then. Last season you could get a monthly pass for £12.50 I believe. That's every game for a month. This is pre season. One pre season game and you have to pay £10. Complete joke.