Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your point being what?

Selling individual matches for a tenner a pop as opposed to packaging them up in to a pre-season bundle is a way of trying to generate as much cash as possible as opposed to giving the fans a bit more convenience.

In better times we'd have perhaps gone for the latter option.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Selling individual matches for a tenner a pop as opposed to packaging them up in to a pre-season bundle is a way of trying to generate as much cash as possible as opposed to giving the fans a bit more convenience.

In better times we'd have perhaps gone for the latter option.

Or selling a package encourages people to buy more than one game.

On 12/07/2021 at 13:45, Nishfan said:

I like to think I’m calm in a crisis, however, why do  I always find getting match tickets on our website stressful- even as a season ticket holder getting tickets for a friendly? 

exactly the same experience as some others; in a queue for at least 20 minutes despite the screen saying I was  a minute away only to get kicked off & had to re start.

Took a minute or 2 to realise the payment lettering was in white & not easily visible against the background.

(It brought horrible memories back of trying to get tickets for wembley!!)

but so happy to get our 2 tickets, don’t care at all about having to wear a mask, or what team either club put out or, (controversially) the score 

just so happy to be going back & watching our team in our stadium very close to our usual seats

I hate our online ticket ordering. The stadium map is confusing, navigation not intuitive. It’s a right pain. Then on the Ap there’s 2 pages of how to, regulations, conditions, FAQ’s … uhhhhh but where’s the buy a ticket button. ?  .. it really is clunky at best. 

On 12/07/2021 at 14:13, ilkleyram said:

Took me all of 2 minutes and one of those was spent with me trying to buy one ticket of a pair of seats before I realised I was being an covidiot.

The really worrying thing was that I have now moved from adult to senior so not only is my ticket cheaper but I'm now a year closer to not being able to go at all; or I'm no longer deemed to be an adult.  Not sure what to make of that.

All I can suggest mate is to email Derby county and explain what has happened so if season ticket holder from last season be able to help you.

26 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I t would have been a nice touch to allow those who bought a season ticket last year and didn't ask for a refund to attend the pre season's games at home for free,just to say thanks for leaving their money sat in derbys accounts.

It would but the club can’t really afford nice touches. They need to get in what ever money they can. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Still a poor long term strategy discouraging loyalty.

Not really. I don’t think many of us are going to decline to renew our season tickets simply because we weren’t allowed to attend this friendly for free. I doubt it’s would be a deciding factor for many/any.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not really. I don’t think many of us are going to decline to renew our season tickets simply because we weren’t allowed to attend this friendly for free. I doubt it’s would be a deciding factor for many/any.

Obviously it's not but it's also not encouraging loyalty amongst those who do support the club by not requesting refunds etc.

There's more to it than that.

Did you get a season ticket and leave the cash with Derby last season?

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Obviously it's not but it's also not encouraging loyalty amongst those who do support the club by not requesting refunds etc.

Same answer in my opinion, hardly a deciding factor especially when you factor in that not requesting a refund also included free RamsTV coverage to all home, and a handful of away games. 

Yes I did renew and leave the cash with Derby. As long as you can afford to renew at the time (I know some couldn’t), I don’t see the problem. It’s not as if I lost out on earning much interest on the money.

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Another thing to consider: I would imagine more than 8000 people renewed so we’re not just taking about a handful. Meaning, it’s possible that a large proportion (maybe even all) of the fans attending would get in for free. The club might well end up losing money when you consider the costs of staging the game.

3 minutes ago, Jram said:

Covid passports required for games is looking more and more likely.

I have had mine but not sure it’s fair to essentially manipulate people into getting one, it’s a free country 

Depends how you look at. On one hand you are forcing people to get one but, on the other hand, you’re doing your best to protect those wishing to attend. I can sympathise with both points of view but, on balance, I’m in the latter camp.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It would but the club can’t really afford nice touches. They need to get in what ever money they can. 

If they can find the money for a reported 300 quid a night per person facility for the players in pre-season when we have one of the best training grounds in the country I'm sure they could find the money for this gesture. Given it'd cost at tops 10-15 grand in lost ticket revenue the good PR alone would likely pay for that cost. I can't remember the last time we were in the papers for doing something good as opposed to some kind of scandal. On top of that, it'd show on the fence or disgruntled fans that the club cares about them after both a horrible 18 months and a period where the leadership at the club has come under significant question. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

If they can find the money for a reported 300 quid a night per person facility for the players in pre-season when we have one of the best training grounds in the country I'm sure they could find the money for this gesture. Given it'd cost at tops 10-15 grand in lost ticket revenue the good PR alone would likely pay for that cost. I can't remember the last time we were in the papers for doing something good as opposed to some kind of scandal. On top of that, it'd show on the fence or disgruntled fans that the club cares about them after both a horrible 18 months and a period where the leadership at the club has come under significant question. 

I get your point but isn’t the fact that we got free access to the games on RamsTV sort of compensation/a thank you for renewing? Why should the club continue to give away freebies when we’re already in a mess. Also, do you really think it would make it into the papers if they did do it?