Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Was the CKR chance an open goal ?

The CKR missed header was from a lovely Buchanan cross but he had to jump and got the timing wrong. An easy chance but vastly more difficult. For Lawrence, the cross bounced as it came across the six-yard box, with the ball sitting up in front of Lawrence to nod in without jumping or breaking stride.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

The CKR missed header was from a lovely Buchanan cross but he had to jump and got the timing wrong. An easy chance but vastly more difficult. For Lawrence, the cross bounced as it came across the six-yard box, with the ball sitting up in front of Lawrence to nod in without jumping or breaking stride.

Still an open goal though eh?

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yeah, the Lawrence chance was about 50 times easier. Any professional footballer should score that really, or at the very least get it on target. I thought I'd missed something when people were saying CKR missed an open goal. Uh, no. 

Edited by Penelope Pendrex

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

How many times out of 100 would you have put it in 84 ??

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We look a bit more organised but essentially still the same...prone to gaffes at the back and toothless up front.

Long way to go though and encouraged by the newer players looking like an improvement on what we had.....just hope we can actually sign them or we will be royally knackered!

Sadly I don't think a lot will change until we sign better players.

How long do we persist with bird? Didn't have a great season last year. Not all the academy kids are gonna be good enough. It feels like he's been labelled as one of the academy successes without actually having done anything good on the pitch bar a brief spell when he was being bigged up by Rooney when he was playing next too him. I really think we need to improve on him and it really shouldnt be that difficult to find someone better. I think bird has found his level. I will get shot down by a few I'm sure, but some people need to take their rose tinted glasses off. Maybe a season on loan in league 1 would do him some good. 

Morrison looked like he could do a great job for us if we can keep his head right 

Edited by tombomb

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Yeah, the Lawrence chance was about 50 times easier. Any professional footballer should score that really, or at the very least get it on target. I thought I'd missed something when people were saying CKR missed an open goal. Uh, no. 

The comments about the CKR chance being an open goal weren't serious. We were simply making the point that neither were.