Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Presumably if you’ve played most of your career on one side you get used to defending and receiving the ball in a certain way. Switch to the other side and I imagine it would throw you off.

I don’t know because I’ve never played centre back, but it’s what you hear.

That sounds about right. However, it also sounds like the whining of centre backs who have done no work on their 'weaker' foot.

Morrison looks very good on the ball, hopefully we can get him to behave and maintain that all season. Jagielka has done nothing wrong. Aluko looks decent but you can tell the pace he once relied on has gone. Baldock looks energetic off the ball but a bit lost on it. 

Byrne has been the stand out for me, Buchanan doing well also.

For saying that half of this team weren't even here a couple of weeks ago, that was a pretty good first half. I'd say we've been the better side, except for one poor individual moment that makes the difference.

6 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Guess this new ‘style’ Rooney was talking about is playing out from the back. Our defensive half was watered heavily before the game. Nothing on the offensive half. Bird and Shinnie keep dropping in between the centre backs to pick up the ball when there’s nothing on.

All very well until the opposition spots the pitch-watering malarkey and switches the teams round when they win the toss! But I do like the idea of doing everything possible to gain an advantage.

I thought we played really well that first half. A lot of forward balls and passes between the lines from both the centre backs & CDMs which is causing United problems.

Lawrence, Morrison & Aluko with a lot of interchanging between them too which is looking good.

Shinnie appears to be pulling wide left to cover peft back as Buchanan goes forward.

Soft goal to concede though, but overall we were the better team.

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

100% this, especially at this level.

Ryan Giggs being one of the highest profile examples.

Yeah, never thought much him. Did nothing much on the pitch 5 minute wonder