Man Utd Preseason, the return of the fan

Hope we go with 442, not blatantly predictable 442 but with 1 holding midfielder, 1 attacking midfielder and 2 wingers who get to the bi-line and cross ball to the 2 proper centre forwards/strikers. Honestly the 1st team to do this will rip up this league. Come on Wayne be the pioneer 

Edited by TexasRam

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

So, what's this new style we are going to be seeing glimpses of tomorrow? 

I don't think it will be a whole new formation but hopefully a faster transition and a proper 4-3-3, rather than two defensive midfielders.

That was what intrigued me most about the interview Angie. 

You can't make anything out of the training videos so will be interesting to see (if I can recover from a bout of stinginess in time to cough up the Ramstv fee..... ?

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That was what intrigued me most about the interview Angie. 

You can't make anything out of the training videos so will be interesting to see (if I can recover from a bout of stinginess in time to cough up the Ramstv fee..... ?

Hey, we shelled out for tickets despite saying we weren't going so the least you can do is cough up a tenner! ?

Hopefully we set a precedent tomorrow. Not necessarily in terms of the result but just in the style of play, organisation etc. You can’t always read a lot into pre season but last preseason we really struggled to score goals and boy did that carry into pretty much the entire campaign. It would be good to get a positive pre season under our belts especially with all that’s going out around the club. 

Edited by Ramos

13 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I think we will play the 2-1-1-4-2 formation to “keep it simple for the lads to understand”..

We don’t have that many forwards 

12 hours ago, Ramos said:

Hopefully we set a precedent tomorrow. Not necessarily in terms of the result but just in the style of play, organisation etc. You can’t always read a lot into pre season but last preseason we really struggled to score goals and boy did that carry into pretty much the entire campaign. It would be good to get a positive pre season under our belts especially with all that’s going out around the club. 

Exactly. If you're not scoring goals in pre season or looking like a team at all, you're in trouble. And that's what happened last season, we were absolutely awful in pre season. Doesn't matter if you lose games, because it's not competitive. But you can tell whether players are just easing their way or just absolutely clueless. 

41 minutes ago, angieram said:
If Man Utd really wanted to do Wayne Rooney a favour, they would have given up their worldwide TV rights for one friendly and let DCFC get the revenue on this occasion.

Yeah or at least joint rights, but I guess we know they're currently only here because of Rooney - their fans want to see him as much as we do. Lets hope the favour comes in the way of players. I guess our overseas fans will have to 'travel' home or buy MUTV (cheaper!).