Matt Clarke - signed for WBA on loan

DCFC1388

Has he officially gone to WBA? 

Bloody loved him here, he had more defensive partners than anyone else in recent memory and still was one of most consistent players. Deserves the chance to go and play for a good side and hopefully impress somewhere else, in fairness he probably deserves better than what Brighton have given him too. 

It would have been unfair on his career to come back here, he looked utterly fed up towards the end of last season and I didn’t blame him. Was desperate for a fresh start. 

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Has he officially gone to WBA? 

Bloody loved him here, he had more defensive partners than anyone else in recent memory and still was one of most consistent players. Deserves the chance to go and play for a good side and hopefully impress somewhere else, in fairness he probably deserves better than what Brighton have given him too. 

It would have been unfair on his career to come back here, he looked utterly fed up towards the end of last season and I didn’t blame him. Was desperate for a fresh start. 

Perhaps he'll 'find his rhythm' at WBA! Would have loved him back. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

WBA outbid Sheffield United then - Brighton have made some money out of Clarke haven’t they? 

he was ok for us but a long way from being excellent so good luck to him 

He was excellent for us without a doubt and will be sorely missed I would’ve made him captain he’s so reliable and virtually unbeatable in the air ….such a shame ?

4 hours ago, S8TY said:

He was excellent for us without a doubt and will be sorely missed I would’ve made him captain he’s so reliable and virtually unbeatable in the air ….such a shame ?

I liked Clarke but I'd say 1. He was never coming back 2. For saying how good I thought he was - we have been susceptible to crosses for so many years and Clarke never seemed to make much difference to that....we still switched off and let in "howlers" 3. The fact that he's gone out on loan for a 3rd season indicates that nobody is willing to gamble on him with a permanent move.... time to move on.

16 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

I liked Clarke but I'd say 1. He was never coming back 2. For saying how good I thought he was - we have been susceptible to crosses for so many years and Clarke never seemed to make much difference to that....we still switched off and let in "howlers" 3. The fact that he's gone out on loan for a 3rd season indicates that nobody is willing to gamble on him with a permanent move.... time to move on.

It’s not just down to one person that we conceded headers Clarke rarely lost a header that’s a fact and yes of course we move on!!! What bloody choice do we have I don’t care if no one is willing to sign him permanently we don’t know all of the facts but I’d have signed him permanently on a long deal and made him captain he’s still young and players of Clarke’s ilk are well out of our range instead we are now shopping not only in Lidl but in the reduced aisle in Lidl 

Edited by S8TY