Phil Jagielka & Richard Stearman - Both Signed

Heisenberg

10 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I think jagielka would be useful in a 3 at the back with a cashin and Mengi. Davies won’t play for half the season and these young guys need a wiser head with them for advice. A 1 year contract I think could be an okay deal. Stearman I would stay away from but maybe useful for last 10 minutes if we are holding a 1 goal lead 

Jagielka has managed 16 games over the last two seasons so if you are concerned about Curtis only managing half the season then Jagielka isn't the answer.

29 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

If this is where we are going then you genuinely need to ask whether we should just play Cashin etc.  

Something needs to happen fast, but at the moment we have Bolton written all over us

Funny you should say Bolton. Jagielka asked to train with them: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/american-football/update-on-phil-jagielka-bolton-rumours-as-veteran-defender-asks-to-train-with-wanderers/ar-AALzTdu 

28 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Jagielka has managed 16 games over the last two seasons so if you are concerned about Curtis only managing half the season then Jagielka isn't the answer.

Think that was more down to Everton and Sheffield united having options than him being injured unlike Davies. Maybe I’m wrong and he was injured all the time 

Surely there's some younger defenders out there on frees/loans?! We've already got Curtis to fill the 'seasoned veteran' role at the back. Stearman's awful and Jagielka's nearly 40!

Frees - Tom Lees? Thomas Lam (Finnish, but is a regular part of their national team, so should score enough points)? 

Loans - Axel Tuanzebe/Teden Mengi from Manure? Jarrad Branthwaite from Everton? Get George Edmundson back from Rangers?

All would be better options IMO.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

This kind Of fly’s in the face of the “we won’t rush into signing players” statement yesterday doesn’t it? You know it’s tough times when Alan Nixon is more reliable than your CEO.

You are going to get a lot of this type of stories with players of any age. It is the time of season when clubs have players in on trial and with the end of the Euros the market will open up. 

No harm in taking a look at Jagielka in training (like we did with Kazim).

We will need an experienced centre half alongside Mengi (assuming he joins)

Adding Jagielka & Davies should help to ensure that we'll usually have at least one experienced head available to play alongside Mengi.

Mengi's pace would of course help cover up for their own weaker area.

I'd still prefer Tom Lees.

3 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Surely there's some younger defenders out there on frees/loans?! We've already got Curtis to fill the 'seasoned veteran' role at the back. Stearman's awful and Jagielka's nearly 40!

Frees - Tom Lees? Thomas Lam (Finnish, but is a regular part of their national team, so should score enough points)? 

Loans - Axel Tuanzebe/Teden Mengi from Manure? Jarrad Branthwaite from Everton? Get George Edmundson back from Rangers?

All would be better options IMO.

I could comment on Lam. He is not that regular with current set up for Finnish national team, so not sure he'd even be an option?

Anyway, I don't think he is not suitable to this league, as we saw while he was playing for Forest. He really is weird player as a CB; quite weak, superb passing ability and very hit & miss. I think in the last two games of the season, he was Man of the Match for Zwolle, captaining the team as well.

IMO he'd be another Te Wierik. Can be great with the ball, can play DM as well, but simply not fitting to Championship.

I've also heard he might be going to Go Ahead Eagles, newly promoted Dutch side.

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I could comment on Lam. He is not that regular with current set up for Finnish national team, so not sure he'd even be an option?

Anyway, I don't think he is not suitable to this league, as we saw while he was playing for Forest. He really is weird player as a CB; quite weak, superb passing ability and very hit & miss. I think in the last two games of the season, he was Man of the Match for Zwolle, captaining the team as well.

IMO he'd be another Te Wierik. Can be great with the ball, can play DM as well, but simply not fitting to Championship.

I've also heard he might be going to Go Ahead Eagles, newly promoted Dutch side.

I know you're the man @Dimmu when it comes to Finnish football, so if you think he's not suitable for Championship football then you've got more of an idea than me ? I'd also forgotten that he'd played for F*rest!

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

One thing for sure is we would need the pace of Mengi alongside either one of these.

Bit of a myth, this, for Jagielka. He's definitely lost some pace but Jagielka was the fastest player in the Prem.