Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

13 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

As existing players, Davies and Wisdom will be top of the list.

Mengi still supposedly unlikely due to 6 month limit.

Jagielka, Morrison and Bladock next on the list I reckon.

Is the Mengi really a deal breaker? Surely they could just renew it in January. Or is it only loans where no loan fee is involved are allowed?

11 minutes ago, islandram said:

what sell our two bright sparks with some go in them for nominal fees what logic is that a true defeatist one in my view bring in a few old heads and fill up with youth and if we go down we will say we did our best.

Yeah that makes no sense at all. Why burn all our bridges, if we get 5 in now we may get more in after the P&S stuff goes in to the EFL.

Don't forget, getting 5 players in will still leave us on a par with last season - at best - & look how bad that was

Still, it's a must needed start though

If I was Rooney & I could bring in 5 players, i'd be looking further than just the current trialists  - there's an awful lot of players out of contract around the country

If Wisdom, Davies & Morrison take up 3 spots are we assuming the other 2 will be filled by any 2 of Allsop, Jagielka, Stearman, Mengi, Aluko, Baldock?

It might be that we have 2 other players already lined up?

Of the above options I would go for Jagielka & Baldock. We have no options upfront really beyond CKR so that's why i'd go Baldock. Jagielka over Mengi purely because I think we will get Mengi on a full season loan when it's possible, no rush on that as we have until the end of August.

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

Don't forget, getting 5 players in will still leave us on a par with last season - at best - & look how bad that was

Still, it's a must needed start though

If I was Rooney & I could bring in 5 players, i'd be looking further than just the current trialists  - there's an awful lot of players out of contract around the country

Do you think we might have already asked who was keen to join us?

35 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I’d also look at selling Hutchinson and Watson for nominal amounts to bring in another player

Who on earth is paying money for two young lads in this climate? And you want to bring in players of questionable fitness abs value on wages four times the size of these two who bay actually be decent and have sell on value? 

Glad you’re not in charge!!!

if we are going to free up space it’ll be at the expense of someone we can get a large fee for that’ll help on all fronts!

Ill be shocked we don’t sell Sibs or Knight 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think we might have already asked who was keen to join us?

Absolutely.  Didn't Rooney only say the other day he'd spoken to several players who were keen - a few may fit the criteria.  At least we can sign some - it's a start. 

40 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That's exactly how it should work.  You are allowed to bring your own youth players into the first team while under an embargo, even if that takes you beyond 23 players.  The point is, those players weren't of first team standard at the point we used them, and they weren't promoted out of choice, but were rushed in to cover an emergency.  So they shouldn't count as first team players (by whatever metric you use).  If it gets to say November, and we deem it necessary to use one of them, and that they are ready (having had the best part of a year of additional development time) then there should be no reason why we shouldn't use them.

It is how it SHOULD work but all I’m saying is if the EFL are gonna be lenient and bend the rules a bit they won’t like us being able to bend them back again to suit ourselves!

Does anyone know whether we are allowed to sell players to make room for another free agent? For example at left back, we have Buchanan, Forsyth and the other academy lad who was interviewed on Rams TV last week and is supposedly impressing Rooney (his name escapes me). In this scenario it possibly makes sense to move on Forsyth to sign another forward or centreback, as it stands CKR will be our only natural senior striker, Wiz and Davies our only CBs (I am categorically not counting Forsyth as a back up CB). 

EDIT: another thought - if the answer to the above is yes, does the same apply for loans? Can we loan out a few of the youngsters who have played league games to make room for more free agents?

Edited by RamsFan10

4 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

It is how it SHOULD work but all I’m saying is if the EFL are gonna be lenient and bend the rules a bit they won’t like us being able to bend them back again to suit ourselves!

The rules allow for exemptions for extreme circumstances though, and that clearly and obviously applies in this case, so we've not bent the rules at all.  They aren't going to ban us from using our own youth players.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Easy to criticise the EFL but they do deserve some credit for showing some common sense here. Would’ve been easy for them to sit behind their rules that didn’t allow for this.

Still a bunch of bankers though

I think they were hardly in a position to say no. Although we aren't the most popular team in the league Pearce evidently has some standing amongst his peers, and refusing pandemic induced leniencies is immoral even for the EFL. 

Edited by RamsFan10

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

I think they were hardly in a position to say no. Although we aren't the most popular team in the league Pearce evidently has some standing amongst his peers, and refusing pandemic induced leniencies is immoral even for the EFL. 

They were in a position to do whatever the rules allowed them to do, which is not let us sign anyone. 

Hopefully this shows a softening stance on both sides and we can just get back to football without this boring Derby v EFL side show. 

I'd be tempted to take a risk and let Marshall go. A player who was on the bench at the end of last season and is also a current international, who would attract interest and a small fee. Could then bring in a striker which is more important, atm.

In the unfortunate situation whereby Roos got injured, we should be able to get a keeper on emergency loan.

10 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Does anyone know whether we are allowed to sell players to make room for another free agent? For example at left back, we have Buchanan, Forsyth and the other academy lad who was interviewed on Rams TV last week and is supposedly impressing Rooney (his name escapes me). In this scenario it possibly makes sense to move on Forsyth to sign another forward or centreback, as it stands CKR will be our only natural senior striker, Wiz and Davies our only CBs (I am categorically not counting Forsyth as a back up CB). 

EDIT: another thought - if the answer to the above is yes, does the same apply for loans? Can we loan out a few of the youngsters who have played league games to make room for more free agents?

Yes if we sell a player it free's up a position to bring someone in, loaning someone out doesn't count though.

I think the young LB you're thinking of is Bardell so if Rooney does think he is capable back up (we also have Shinnie who can play there) then yes one of Buchanan or Forsyth could be sold if there are any takers - Buchanan would be the more likely even though Forsyth would be the one wanted to be sold by most fans.

Edited by DCFC1388

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Easy to criticise the EFL but they do deserve some credit for showing some common sense here. Would’ve been easy for them to sit behind their rules that didn’t allow for this.

Still a bunch of bankers though

Disagree and this is not a dig at you or anyone on here but the EFL are a ducking disgrace …where is it right that an organisation with input from fellow chairman like wankpot Gibson can literally dictate who we can sign and how much we can offer etc it’s a disgrace and they should be ashamed of themselves but they won’t be all the time chairman of other clubs in our division have an input …the way Sheff Weds and us and Bury and Macclesfield Bolton etc have been treated is abysmal it should be independent at all times for fairness but we are now supposedly happy that we can sign a few players for a few months ffs ….what has happened to our great game ? I’ve never seen so many pages and pages of talk about finance and things we fans don’t really want to know about  I find it tedious and I love football the game not all of this finance amortisation crap I really believe this is turning fans away …I will never stop going to games but even my enthusiasm to sit on motorways for hours on end up and down the country is waining…pre season used to be a time of excitement a new signing or two a new season yet this great game seems to dragged back time after time by the efl and there bunch of hangers on with motives of there own …rant over …sorry guys COYR