Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

14 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Come on, Mel has loads to answear  for, why has he not come out and made a statement, he has run our great club into the ground, he loved the attention when things where going better, but now its turned to poo he is nowhere to be seen, how u can defend him is beyond me. 

I agree he has a lot to answer for but suspect there are a few legal or tactical reasons why the club aren't releasing any more statements at the moment. Very frustrating for us fans and I'm not sure how much longer any of us will accept such a stance. I will for a tiny bit longer on the assumption/hope it means things are progressing one way or another but not in the public domain. 

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I was thinking that yesterday. Awful for the lads concerned but could we do that as things so desperate? Probably rule/points deduction for that also

We'd have to assess their talent and expected future progress, I'd imagine Dylan Williams would make the cut but not sure many of the other are projected to be top quality Championship players (or higher) at this stage.

We could also agree to re-sign any and all who've remained a free agent once the embargo is lifted.

33 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I still wouldn't rule out the nuclear option of releasing some/all of the "Chorley 8" + Brown + Hutchinson if the EFL play hardball.

You may find that contractually that’s very difficult if not impossible to do and that the PFA and the players agents may have plenty to say.

As I have said earlier, if you’re looking at which players may leave you may find it’s only the ones that can actually generate some interest / finance from other clubs, ie Sibley, Bird, Knight etc.

Almost impossible to see clubs coming in and taking players off us unless they are sought after and worth what the ‘buying’ club are willing to pay in wages / fees. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

4 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

You may find that contractually that’s very difficult if not impossible

Surely the club can terminate any employment they like as long as they pay up what the players are contractually entitled to.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Well yeah, but they'd still be classed as players of professional standing when we tried to re-sign them  wouldn't they

I didn't know if there were different rules for the Academy to be able to make signings.

Not at all in favour of sacking the youngsters. Plus they were so proud to play for DCFC that day. That really would be giving the club a bad name imo.

Edited by RoyMac5

28 minutes ago, jake0603 said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-transfer-embargo-u-5674155.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Looks like there will be some movement on this. Expect to see Davies and Mengi being announced soon then. 

Maybe the club have discussed the 'nuclear option' of sacking the Chorley team with the EFL and the EFL don't want to be responsible for ending those young players' careers?

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Surely the club can terminate any employment they like as long as they pay up what the players are contractually entitled to.

I think you may find players contracts may be a little more water tight than that not to mention the ethics and reputation of the club going forwards if it is to continue in the future to be a club players want to join…..and players afterall will determine the clubs future. 

You should also consider one or two other things…..

To terminate a contract both parties need to agree to it and in this climate most players / agents / lawyers will push for the maximum possible financial returns. This will include wages obviously but also, loss of income from potential bonuses, damage to career based on loss of appearances as well as accommodation and relocation costs.
For arguments sake even if you assume a player to be earning £1000 a week terminating a contract of a player of this standing with a year to run will be looking at £52k wages plus in the region of £50k rent for his accommodation allowance and all potential bonuses. 

If you want to offload three players of this standing that’s in the region of £400-600k. Now consider that you want to replace them with three senior players….those players are likely to command 3 maybe 4 times the wages that the three you’ve just let go….let’s say £6-8k a week is £1.2 million in wages alone!!!

Now….let’s suppose the staff look at the playing staff and (simply on the back of Sunday) say, well Liam Thompson can do what Max Bird does….Isaac Hutchinson can do what Louie Sibley does…..Kornell McDonald can do what Byrne can do…..

Now what do you do? Tear up the contracts of those three players to the tune of £600k or do you look to sell Byrne, Sibley and Bird and make £8-12 million profit?

Ive said it before….in times like this you don’t lose the players who are in a fans eyes surplus you lose the ones that other clubs have their eyes on in a fire sale…

Talksport didnt even mention the chorley situation. This is part of the problem with our image at the moment. The media are only reporting the headlines that make us look like cheats. So now the rest of the football community and continually spreading hate about our club without knowning the full facts.  

8 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Talksport didnt even mention the chorley situation. This is part of the problem with our image at the moment. The media are only reporting the headlines that make us look like cheats. So now the rest of the football community and continually spreading hate about our club without knowning the full facts.  

Exactly.

It's not the embargo is unjust, it's the Chorley situation is a bit exceptional and we hope an exception is made.

10 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Yep and when the EFL correctly exclude the Chorley game so that we can sign some centre backs people will cry that we've "gotten away with it" again.