Luke Varney

David

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it isn't nit picking it's that im right, we do look a bit thin when push come to shove, yes we should wait to see what happens in terms of loans as well. Doyle is a striker and not a winger also he didn't play against stoke or birmingham for prolonged periods did he? so i would say he is one for the future. Pearson and martin yes they are, but pearson hasn't impressed and i dont think he was even named on the bench was he, also same with martin good down the left side but pretty much untested as well

Players can change positions, Savage used to be a striker at Man Utd and Crewe yer know?

Look around the other clubs squads, alot of clubs are a hell of alot worse off than us, look at Forest for example, beyond there first 11 they have sod all.

different case altogether, one can use an example for anything and twist it like that but it very rarley works

But to be fair your making a judgement on Doyle based on what?, he's only been at the club 5 minutes and he's still a kid, just because he started out as a striker doesnt mean he can't be moulded into a new position.

Sol Campbell and Robbie Savage used to be a strikers, Shaun Barker was a right back, the list of players that have changed positions is endless.

i know but tbh we need a goalscorer which i doubt we will get tbh. If hulse gets injured or loses form we could have problems. Players can change postions however i would say it is advisable to keep people where they are comftable unless they show a lot of attributes for a different position. It's good to be versatile yes, but play them in their natural positions if possible.

But to be fair your making a judgement on Doyle based on what?, he's only been at the club 5 minutes and he's still a kid, just because he started out as a striker doesnt mean he can't be moulded into a new position.

Sol Campbell and Robbie Savage used to be a strikers, Shaun Barker was a right back, the list of players that have changed positions is endless.

i know my primary concern is that he was bought for the development squad by nigel as one for the future, not for first team action

He might be extra special, Clough might think you know what this kid can play now. He is 18, alot of players have been able to break into first teams at younger ages.

Doyle has obviously been scouted, he's spent the pre-season with the team and Clough obviously thinks he's good enough to go on the bench ahead of the likes of Martin.

through training i imagine boycie, no-one knows that apart from the coaches at arsenal so that's an unfair question, doyle was brought in for the development squad daveo, the fact is we are broke financially we have no money and thus we wont recieve a replacement other than a loan which isn't good for squad morale. It isn't good for building a team either.

Thierry Henry, Joined Arsenal when he was 21, was used more of a wide attacker/winger at Juventus. Wenger got hold of him and turned him into an out and out striker.

Players are not robots that are only capable of doing one job, they can change positions to fit in with new clubs/formations at any stage of there careers.

through training i imagine boycie, no-one knows that apart from the coaches at arsenal so that's an unfair question, doyle was brought in for the development squad daveo, the fact is we are broke financially we have no money and thus we wont recieve a replacement other than a loan which isn't good for squad morale. It isn't good for building a team either.

So Clough can't change his mind?, ***** lads we can't pick him as we signed him for the development squad, I know he's done great in training and fitted in well with the squad but we can't play him incase we upset Young Ram?.

im not saying thye can't again this was supposed to be a secondary point of my argument, im just saying we shoudn't rely on it. I would like to know who actually owns the club? is it g.s.e, i have heard it might be a bunch of canadians who are using g.s.e as like a trust to run things and have a look ect, im just wodnering who or what company.

So Clough can't change his mind?, ***** lads we can't pick him as we signed him for the development squad, I know he's done great in training and fitted in well with the squad but we can't play him incase we upset Young Ram?.

im not saying that, but no-one can say what level he is that because we havn't seen him in a competitve game in the championship daveo, not you, me or indeed nigel clough can say he is definitly ready/not ready.

Clough is the man in charge, he picks the team he watches them in training everyday, ultimately it's Clough who is good enough for the first team and who isn't.

Quite clearly this lad Doyle has impressed in training and showed signs that he is capable of going straight into the first team be it a striker or attacking midfielder.

Your trying to put the players in boxes, he's a striker and thats it you go in that box, you were signed as a developement squad player you go in that box....football doesn't work like that.

im not im saying that he was signed primarily as a striker, and becasue i ahvn't seen him play i presume he is a striker, of course players can change. Also im making the point again he was signed as a development player thus my automatic feeling is development, of course if he is deemed good enough then why not.

He was signed as a young footballer, do you know for a 'fact' that Clough signed him as a striker or maybe did he sign him thinking this lad has potential, I reckon I can mould him into an attacking midfielder?

you don't know the answer and neither do I, but he was listed as a young striker who has potential and yes could possibly be moulded to other positions if neccersary, varney has never been given a chance by clough in all honesty.

Archived