Contracts

Tiverton Ram

Hi guys,

I haven't posted on here in a while but I have been trying to find out which players have left and which haven't. I know Marriott, Waghorn (gutted about this one), and Ravas have gone. I heard Wisdom and Davies have contracts up (and possibly some others), but I haven't heard about extensions for them or them leaving. I'm hoping we can hang on to them but I can't  find any news on it. Does anyone have any news?

I read we were negotiating with all out of contract players. Waghorn and Marriott have obviously joined other clubs. Davies is training with us, I suspect this one will get done. But wisdom nowhere to be seen. No rumours or anything. 

5 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I read we were negotiating with all out of contract players. Waghorn and Marriott have obviously joined other clubs. Davies is training with us, I suspect this one will get done. But wisdom nowhere to be seen. No rumours or anything. 

Yeah I have seen no news on Wisdom as well, I think he'd be a good player to keep. Hopefully we have managed to hang on to him.

The thing that’s really hurting DCFC is players running their contracts down. Lawrence will be next , he can talk to other teams at Xmas . Also if Beilik comes back before Xmas and stays injury free for  a year ( which is a big if)he can talk about walking on a free. If he manages 80 games in 4 seasons he will have cost us around £250,000 per game. Not his fault just injury prone.

53 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The thing that’s really hurting DCFC is players running their contracts down. Lawrence will be next , he can talk to other teams at Xmas . Also if Beilik comes back before Xmas and stays injury free for  a year ( which is a big if)he can talk about walking on a free. If he manages 80 games in 4 seasons he will have cost us around £250,000 per game. Not his fault just injury prone.

Bieliks deal doesnt run out until 2024 so got over 2 years to extend it or sell him

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

with lawrence. his contract needs to be extended this window or sold this window

With everything that has been going on with the EFL, the player contract situation has slipped down the list of gripes. 

But Waghorn, Marriott, Ibe, Jozefzoon, Malone, Wisdom all quietly seemingly basically going for nothing feels like it leaves gaping holes in the squad and our pockets. Yeh, the wages are off the books but that feels like a very weak argument to explain our transfer 'strategy' now and in recent times. Just looks like one almighty horrible mess. 

14 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

With everything that has been going on with the EFL, the player contract situation has slipped down the list of gripes. 

But Waghorn, Marriott, Ibe, Jozefzoon, Malone, Wisdom all quietly seemingly basically going for nothing feels like it leaves gaping holes in the squad and our pockets. Yeh, the wages are off the books but that feels like a very weak argument to explain our transfer 'strategy' now and in recent times. Just looks like one almighty horrible mess. 

Yes GIF