Teden Mengi 21/22 season

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ryan Conway saying this loan deal is agreed in principle but Mengi is to stay with United for preseason then join us.

Has anyone said why? I do hope it's not because the deal would currently fall foul of the embargo, but we're hoping something might have changed in a few weeks. If that's the case, we probably shouldn't be holding our breath for any new loans.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd expect loaning players out to reduce the count.

Not according to the FAQs on the EFL.

Anyway I'm sure we expect the EFL to use common sense and make an allowance for the circumstances around the Chorley game... can't we? Can't we?? ?

We all know that none of those players have REALLY made their first team debuts other than Ebosele.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

I don't doubt he would but, based on Utd fans Twitter reactions (definitely solid evidence) to his pre-season performances, he should come here and thank us.

Based on Tomori and Clarke's improvements from when they joined us to when they left, if I was a young CB I wouldn't say no to a Derby loan

I still want to improve our own youngsters unless the ones coming in are outstanding = Mason Mount - whilst the other players we had around at the time made Wilson and Tomori better players which hugely benefited Liverpool and Chelsea’s bank balances 

12 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

If true, not the mentality we need is it? 

Nothing really in that report. Every player would prefer to challenge for promotion, its obvious. We probably won't be able to sign him anyway with whats going on at the minute