Teden Mengi 21/22 season

DCFC1388

Probably will develop into a good player , but from what i saw last season im not sure he would be top of the loan players id be looking at signing tbh.
If available id prefer Jarrad Branthwaite 6ft 4/5 , not to slow and commanding.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or we have too many players of 'professional standing' so we can't sign anyone

There's always the nuclear option of releasing all of the kids that played against Chorley!

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or we have too many players of 'professional standing' so we can't sign anyone

Even on loan? Missed that bit. 

Be different if we paid up the transfer payments & HMRC, wonder how much we owe on that?

27 minutes ago, Carnero said:

There's always the nuclear option of releasing all of the kids that played against Chorley!

Players of professional standing: 26
Established players: 10

I imagine loaning would work just as effectively? Hutchinson, Duncan, JBrown, Watson and one of McDonald or Ebosele is about as much as we can do though, and only frees up space for 2 CBs

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Even on loan? Missed that bit. 

Be different if we paid up the transfer payments & HMRC, wonder how much we owe on that?

The EFL site is a tad confusing.

It states we can only 'staff up' to 23 professional standing players (1 league app) - loan or free. Loans can only be 6 months, frees can only be up to the end of the season.

Then further down the page it says 'established players' for Championship clubs, where an 'established player' is someone who is 21 or over with 5 starts

We can however, ask the EFL to make an exception, but that seems unlikely.

It's not just HMRC and transfer instalments we still need to submit the accounts before exiting the embargo.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Players of professional standing: 26
Established players: 10

I imagine loaning would work just as effectively? Hutchinson, Duncan, JBrown, Watson and one of McDonald or Ebosele is about as much as we can do though, and only frees up space for 2 CBs

I'm more on about the lads who we have no clue whether they'll ever progress to our real first team such as Bardell, Solomon, Agathise, Ibrahim, Hutchinson, Thompson, Williams, Duncan.

I'm not seriously suggesting it anyway but it's an option.

Not sure loans out work to reduce the established player number?

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's not just HMRC and transfer instalments we still need to submit the accounts before exiting the embargo.

Yeah. I thought the embargo was less stringent in case of P&S and accounts?

Just now, Carnero said:

I'm more on about the lads who we have no clue whether they'll ever progress to our real first team such as Bardell, Solomon, Agathise, Ibrahim, Hutchinson, Thompson, Williams, Duncan.

I'm not seriously suggesting it anyway but it's an option.

Not sure loans out work to reduce the established player number?

I know what you mean but that would reduce the U23 squad to 9 players.

It would come down to the risk of losing potential value from those 8 vs the cost of hiring 5 first teamers for no re-sale value and have a better chance of staying up?

I'd expect loaning players out to reduce the count.

He'll play against us in that friendly, one of our u23s will injure him for the season. Then it'll transpire that we have to pay his loan fee and wages while he's out. He'll then magically be fit for next season, at which point he'll go to another team in the Championship and be the player of the season.

There's a bit of positivity for ya.