Teden Mengi 21/22 season

DCFC1388

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

On the fence with this one, hope he fulfils his potential this season if he comes back to us....

Well better than our current options ? for his first taste of 'mens' football I feel he did pretty well and will only improve the more he plays. If Davies stays he will have someone experienced around to learn off too.

Can also cover Byrne at RB if Wisdom doesnt stay

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well better than our current options ? for his first taste of 'mens' football I feel he did pretty well and will only improve the more he plays. If Davies stays he will have someone experienced around to learn off too.

Can also cover Byrne at RB if Wisdom doesnt stay

Let’s hope he turns in to a new Tomori…that would do nicely ?

Considering our options, would be amazing to have him back next season. Can certainly do a job for us, especially if we will be missing Clarke and with Davies unlikely to play every single game, Wisdom gone, we are going to need even more cover to avoid Fozzy playing as LCB for most of the season.

9 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Considering our options, would be amazing to have him back next season. Can certainly do a job for us, especially if we will be missing Clarke and with Davies unlikely to play every single game, Wisdom gone, we are going to need even more cover to avoid Fozzy playing as LCB for most of the season.

We need 2 new centre backs in minimum, hope Clarke comes back…

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You would think this will be the first of 2 or 3 United loanees.

This exactly or from other premiership clubs because I would suggest the other EFL clubs will not want to play ball with us in the transfer market due to the constant negative narrative spilled out from the EFL 

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You would think this will be the first of 2 or 3 United loanees.

That would help us, get a few of Manu up and coming players in our squad, hope we bring a few experience championship players in as well. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

This exactly or from other premiership clubs because I would suggest the other EFL clubs will not want to play ball with us in the transfer market due to the constant negative narrative spilled out from the EFL 

EFL clubs would do business with Erik Alonso if it meant bringing in some cash in the current climate. So do not worry they will be more than happy if Derby come calling. 

Edited by Rambalin

Was pretty meh about him tbh 

some good things .. some bad things 

another one for me that relies on his speed to make up for switching off … sometimes u get away with it sometimes u don’t 

just not my type of defender 

sure he’ll improve with time and be a good player 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Can’t see them cutting off their noses to spite their faces…

Looking a Gift Horse in the mouth : The proverbial saying 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth' means don't be ungrateful when you receive a gift.....it amazes me how critical some people can be. Clearly Mengi isn't the finished article....that's why Man.U are considering loaning him out.....who would you like them to loan us....maybe Harry McGuire ????

We didn't do badly with Clarke, Mount, Wilson & Tomori. I'd expect Mengi to be of a similar calibre....

1 hour ago, Terry Hennessy said:

We didn't do badly with Clarke, Mount, Wilson & Tomori. I'd expect Mengi to be of a similar calibre....

He wasn't last season, as we witnessed.

However that's not to say he's not worth bringing in, or that he won't improve and be a lot better this season than last.

Edited by Coconut