The current situation

Russell Ram

Ahoy, I have been away from the forum for a couple of weeks, I pop by the Evening Telegraph and see players leaving left, right and centre with no one coming in.  Fine as well of course although not astronomical. And no clarity over ownership either. Yet, I haven't seen too much concern on here. Have I missed something? I am very nervous and not at all optimistic of anything other than abject relegation right now. Based on the fact the players were not good enough last season and the squad is weaker right now (that took some doing) and no sign of hope on and off the pitch.  

Just now, sage said:

Well...we know what division we are in and hopefully that will mean delayed decisions can happen now. Whether that is recruitment or takeover, it will all come out in the wash.  

cant wait for the take over from USA then the 11 new players coming in what a day..... alarm goes off lol 

Just now, Russell Ram said:

Ahoy, I have been away from the forum for a couple of weeks, I pop by the Evening Telegraph and see players leaving left, right and centre with no one coming in.  Fine as well of course although not astronomical. And no clarity over ownership either. Yet, I haven't seen too much concern on here. Have I missed something? I am very nervous and not at all optimistic of anything other than abject relegation right now. Based on the fact the players were not good enough last season and the squad is weaker right now (that took some doing) and no sign of hope on and off the pitch.  

Tonight's news that the EFL case has been resolved and the EFL are not going to appeal helps things move forward.

DCFC will be in the championship. This helps any potential takover.

DCFC will have to pay £100k fine and restate accounts from the years in question. And presumably can now submit accounts for the last two years (whch we haven't done) using a method acceptable to the EFL.

Submitting accounts will lift the transfer embargo (at least until and chages from the restated P&S figures are raised).

Clarity moving forward is at least on the horizon, if not here yet.

I've been going over it in my head. 

We are a Championship club going into the 2021/22 season. We have now confirmed that fact, also we know the ramifications from our amortisation has largely been a £100k fine. We now have to input our new figures with two variations to amortisation allowed. We technically made a £8m loss between 2014-2017 thanks to the stadium sale, therefore I would suspect that we will fall below the P&S regulations and receive no point deduction. I struggle to see how kicking the can down the road can incur an addition north of £31m in losses - especially based on an accounting principle. It will be worse for the three years in question, but ultimately that will help our situation against FFP between 2017-2021. Although, god knows what the current situation entails with regards to the EFL and that mess due to COVID. It seems every man and his dog is under some sort of soft embargo. 

I'd imagine that potential new owners will now be willing to progress matters, which obviously will help our situation - if there is actually anyone waiting in the wings. I'm not entirely sure on Mel's situation, although financially it doesn't look great for either him or us. I know he's keeping the club going and will continue to do so, but I can't imagine that he is going to be too willing to start another rebuild. I don't think he's ever had the correct system in place to achieve success, in hindsight, so any more money he spends trusting the same people will likely lead to the same results. 

The team as it stands will be amongst the worst in the Championship, if not THE worst in the Championship. Rooney & the coaching staff really haven't proven anything to suggest they aren't the worst set up in the league. Along with our terrible recruiting, it's not the best situation. We really need someone to come in and change the entire culture of the club. I genuinely can't think of ANY department in the entire club that couldn't do with improvement - I bet even the canteen lady makes a poo brew! 

The overall achievement should always be to become and sustain a Premier League position. At the moment, we've had to regress and our achievement is to remain and sustain a Championship club. I have no optimism above that going into next season. 

47 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've been going over it in my head. 

We are a Championship club going into the 2021/22 season. We have now confirmed that fact, also we know the ramifications from our amortisation has largely been a £100k fine. We now have to input our new figures with two variations to amortisation allowed. We technically made a £8m loss between 2014-2017 thanks to the stadium sale, therefore I would suspect that we will fall below the P&S regulations and receive no point deduction. I struggle to see how kicking the can down the road can incur an addition north of £31m in losses - especially based on an accounting principle. It will be worse for the three years in question, but ultimately that will help our situation against FFP between 2017-2021. Although, god knows what the current situation entails with regards to the EFL and that mess due to COVID. It seems every man and his dog is under some sort of soft embargo. 

I'd imagine that potential new owners will now be willing to progress matters, which obviously will help our situation - if there is actually anyone waiting in the wings. I'm not entirely sure on Mel's situation, although financially it doesn't look great for either him or us. I know he's keeping the club going and will continue to do so, but I can't imagine that he is going to be too willing to start another rebuild. I don't think he's ever had the correct system in place to achieve success, in hindsight, so any more money he spends trusting the same people will likely lead to the same results. 

The team as it stands will be amongst the worst in the Championship, if not THE worst in the Championship. Rooney & the coaching staff really haven't proven anything to suggest they aren't the worst set up in the league. Along with our terrible recruiting, it's not the best situation. We really need someone to come in and change the entire culture of the club. I genuinely can't think of ANY department in the entire club that couldn't do with improvement - I bet even the canteen lady makes a poo brew! 

The overall achievement should always be to become and sustain a Premier League position. At the moment, we've had to regress and our achievement is to remain and sustain a Championship club. I have no optimism above that going into next season. 

Well to be honest we are down to bare bones and we need reforcements.