Pride Park

sage

Driving through Pride Park yesterday, I noticed Chiquito has closed down and another 'restaurant/bar' is taking over, but didn't catch the name. Also, they are just finishing a petrol station with Sainsburys mini-supermarket inbetween the Merlin and The Yard.

Anyone heard anything about this or the other ongoing developments?   

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Driving through Pride Park yesterday, I noticed Chiquito has closed down and another 'restaurant/bar' is taking over, but didn't catch the name. Also, they are just finishing a petrol station with Sainsburys mini-supermarket inbetween the Merlin and The Yard.

I drove past the other day - looked like a starbucks in that bit where the old gas works was?

New Indian place is owned by a guy at NK Motors, and I think might be linked to Lotus at Mercia Marina.

The new garage is being run by Euro Garages. Will include Sainsburys and Starbucks. Been working on it for ages so no idea when it's opening.

Tim Hortons is replacing Pizza Hut over at Wyvern. An M&S Food will be next to it, replacing the Fireplace building.

15 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

New Indian place is owned by a guy at NK Motors, and I think might be linked to Lotus at Mercia Marina.

The new garage is being run by Euro Garages. Will include Sainsburys and Starbucks. Been working on it for ages so no idea when it's opening.

Tim Hortons is replacing Pizza Hut over at Wyvern. An M&S Food will be next to it, replacing the Fireplace building.

Can you tell me who's moving in opposite me in Belper. The sold sign has been up ages but haven't seen any buyers 

On 02/07/2021 at 09:40, sage said:

9C84B431-454F-40FD-8BEF-FBE57A998798.gif

On 03/07/2021 at 07:06, TomBustler1884 said:

The owners of Euro Garages are the same brothers who have recently bought Asda I believe 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Prime piece of real estate the Gas Works, great chance to come up with something original and what do we do.... petrol station and Starbucks.

They wonder why Derby is going downhill fast.

I don’t know it, but the land remediation costs of a former gas works would be huge. More straightforward to offer the site to another ‘contaminator’ selling pollutant and noxious liquid. Clever to tack a new petrol station on too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2021 at 20:25, rammieib said:

Prime piece of real estate the Gas Works, great chance to come up with something original and what do we do.... petrol station and Starbucks.

They wonder why Derby is going downhill fast.

Money talks. "We" as a city have no say in what goes there, the landowner and developer does.

Plus, I think a lot of people on Pride Park will be delighted there is a convenience store and Starbucks coming.