Training Photos

Stuniverse

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Thanks everybody. So it looks like in the photos we have.

GK - Roos

DR - Byrne, McDonald, Ebosele, Bardell

DC - Davies (free agent), Solomon, Brown, Cashin

DL - Buchanan, Forsyth, Williams

MC - Shinnie, Sibley, Bird, Watson, Dixon

W - Wilson

SC - Kazim-Richards, Stretton, Duncan, Plange.

Anybody spotted any players I’ve missed?

Also confirmed that Marshall, Knight, Jozwiak and Lawrence have been granted extra time off due to international duty and Bielik remains injured.

That appears to be our starting point on Day 1 of pre-season training.

Did Tom get called up for Wales?  Must have missed that one somehow

OK here's my 2p worth.

If they are in the squad then they must be, in the opinion of the management, capable of doing some kind of job on the pitch this season, otherwise why pay them?

In a league where fitness, physicality and commitment count for more than skill, surely that's what needs to be prioritised now when training/signing/loaning players, based on the theory that this will be another relegation dogfight unless events prove otherwise.

If we can get Davies, Wisdom, Waghorn* back that's a bonus, all 3 can do a job for us still.  Ditto Matt Clarke.

Bielik still out?  That's a real blow, I thought he'd be back by now.

Let's keep faith with the home grown players who give their all every time (Buchanan, Sibley, Bird, Knight) and hope that they are now stronger after last season's battles.

On paper this is still a squad that should be able to achieve a mid table finish in this league.  

The players who have gone are mostly those who didn't feature much anyway (with the exception of the 3 mentioned above).  If Marriott prefers to play for Peterborough rather than be managed by Wazza (and maybe learn something) then that's his loss, good riddance.  'Big fish, small pond' mentality.  Trouble is now that, following the rule that every ex player scores against us, guess who'll be the next one to do so?

Roos, Byrne, Davies (hopefully), Wisdom (hopefully), Buchanan, Shinnie, Bird, Bielik, Knight, Sibley, Waghorn* plus CKR, Lawrence etc on the bench, that's still a competitive lineup if the collective attitude and organisation is right.  The experienced 'spine' of Roos/Davies (hopefully)/Shinnie/Waghorn*, together with younger 'runners' (Byrne, Buchanan, Sibley) would surely be capable of holding their own in this league, wouldn't they, provided that they were managed/organised/motivated properly?

It's now clear that this season will be another holding operation, underwritten by MM and awaiting final resolution of the ongoing EFL & ownership sagas, with the aim of achieving 21st place again.  The longer this goes on however, the more likely Wazza is to jump ship &/or be tempted elsewhere.  If anything his stock will have actually risen having kept us up last season.

*am talking about the Waghorn who played v Sheff Wed in the last game rather than the doppelganger** who turned up for most of the other games LOL

** I think that's probably the first time the word 'doppelganger' has appeared on here***

*** A 'doppelganger' in German is a 'ghostly double' or shadow apparition of a real person...

Confirmed in training...

Coaches: Rooney, Rosenior, Nicholson, Jenkinson
Goalkeepers: Roos
Defenders: Davies, Byrne, Forsyth, Buchanan, Solomon, JBrown, Cashin, McDonald, Ebosele, Bardell, Williams
Midfielders: Shinnie, Bird, Sibley, Watson, Dixon
Wingers: Wilson
Forwards: Kazim, Stretton, Duncan, Plange

MIA: Walker (coach), Given (coach), Pearcey (GK coach), Marshall, Wisdom, Bielik, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Waghorn

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Confirmed in training...

Defenders: Davies, Byrne, Forsyth, Buchanan, Solomon, JBrown, Cashin, McDonald, Ebosele, Bardell, Williams

MIA: Walker (coach), Given (coach), Pearcey (GK coach), Marshall, Wisdom, Bielik, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Waghorn

MIA; Knight 

5 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

We are still allowed to take loans right?

If Rooney can do anywhere near the job Lampard did with the quality of loans (Mount, Wilson, Tomori), we may just survive until next season by papering over the cracks?

I wonder how much Lampard’s loans cost - loan fees and wages.  Rooney is shopping for wood chip buddy. No embossed anaglypta being funded by Morris this time round.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Confirmed in training...

I think.

Jozwiak & Marshall not there because of euro involvement 

Bielik not 100% yet

Lawrence ?????

Wisdom & waggy gone

Not sure why the coaches aren't there. Prob as it's only 1st day and the staff just checking players fitness/condition 

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I wonder how much Lampard’s loans cost - loan fees and wages.  Rooney is shopping for wood chip buddy. No embossed anaglypta being funded by Morris this time round.

I wonder if Rooney's last lots of loans were wood-chip or anaglypta (embossed or not!)? I'd have them all back today fwiw, so finger crossed! #COYR

3 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

OK here's my 2p worth.

If they are in the squad then they must be, in the opinion of the management, capable of doing some kind of job on the pitch this season, otherwise why pay them?

In a league where fitness, physicality and commitment count for more than skill, surely that's what needs to be prioritised now when training/signing/loaning players, based on the theory that this will be another relegation dogfight unless events prove otherwise.

If we can get Davies, Wisdom, Waghorn* back that's a bonus, all 3 can do a job for us still.  Ditto Matt Clarke.

Bielik still out?  That's a real blow, I thought he'd be back by now.

Let's keep faith with the home grown players who give their all every time (Buchanan, Sibley, Bird, Knight) and hope that they are now stronger after last season's battles.

On paper this is still a squad that should be able to achieve a mid table finish in this league.  

The players who have gone are mostly those who didn't feature much anyway (with the exception of the 3 mentioned above).  If Marriott prefers to play for Peterborough rather than be managed by Wazza (and maybe learn something) then that's his loss, good riddance.  'Big fish, small pond' mentality.  Trouble is now that, following the rule that every ex player scores against us, guess who'll be the next one to do so?

Roos, Byrne, Davies (hopefully), Wisdom (hopefully), Buchanan, Shinnie, Bird, Bielik, Knight, Sibley, Waghorn* plus CKR, Lawrence etc on the bench, that's still a competitive lineup if the collective attitude and organisation is right.  The experienced 'spine' of Roos/Davies (hopefully)/Shinnie/Waghorn*, together with younger 'runners' (Byrne, Buchanan, Sibley) would surely be capable of holding their own in this league, wouldn't they, provided that they were managed/organised/motivated properly?

It's now clear that this season will be another holding operation, underwritten by MM and awaiting final resolution of the ongoing EFL & ownership sagas, with the aim of achieving 21st place again.  The longer this goes on however, the more likely Wazza is to jump ship &/or be tempted elsewhere.  If anything his stock will have actually risen having kept us up last season.

*am talking about the Waghorn who played v Sheff Wed in the last game rather than the doppelganger** who turned up for most of the other games LOL

** I think that's probably the first time the word 'doppelganger' has appeared on here***

*** A 'doppelganger' in German is a 'ghostly double' or shadow apparition of a real person...

" that's still a competitive lineup if the collective attitude and organisation is right."  Seeing as he's here am happy to give the coaching staff a clean slate but this is the real worry for me not the current sparse squad. No evidence of this except in last game last season