Phillip Cocu

teddyb16

More a question or a "does anyone know". Mr Cocu lived not too far from me and I regularly sae him running round the village and also in our local Morrisons. 

I presumed he had gone back to Holland once his employment ended to be with his family but I have just seen him running passed my house again (hell of a pace too!). He was also in full DCFC training kit 

Anyone shed any light? 

I imagine he kept his Derby training kit, nobody else will wear it will they, he's just out for a run and why not wear it as he is not working for anyone else.

I wouldn't read anything into it, maybe he has stayed as he is hoping for another job in the UK and its handy living here for meetings and interviews.  I very much doubt he will be coming back to the club, unless he's a match day pundit.

he's clearly a nice an honourable guy, but, never quite got to grips with the English game, its quicker and players press you much quicker, his style of football unfortunately did not suit our team of players.  Its great to keep possession and play out from the back, but you have to have the players with the ability to do it.  Individual errors cost us too many goals with this style of play, which I think ultimately effected confidence and cost him his job. 

Edited by RAM1966

23 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Is Paul Clement not returning?

We should do one like those old episodes of Doctor Who where they got all the previous Doctors back to solve the problem. We could have Clement, Jewell, Billy, Nigel and maybe even Colin Addison and John Newman all bringing their collective experience together to get us moving in the right direction.

33 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I imagine he kept his Derby training kit, nobody else will wear it will they, he's just out for a run and why not wear it as he is not working for anyone else.

I wouldn't read anything into it, maybe he has stayed as he is hoping for another job in the UK and its handy living here for meetings and interviews.  I very much doubt he will be coming back to the club, unless he's a match day pundit.

he's clearly a nice an honourable guy, but, never quite got to grips with the English game, its quicker and players press you much quicker, his style of football unfortunately did not suit our team of players.  Its great to keep possession and play out from the back, but you have to have the players with the ability to do it.  Individual errors cost us too many goals with this style of play, which I think ultimately effected confidence and cost him his job. 

If only we could've done what he wanted at a suitable tempo we'd have been an ok team. But we couldn't. We could do what cocu wanted so slowly we just got pumped or a bit quicker to keep with the game but with no idea or direction. It's a shame, I liked him but it wasn't working.

30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If only we could've done what he wanted at a suitable tempo we'd have been an ok team. But we couldn't. We could do what cocu wanted so slowly we just got pumped or a bit quicker to keep with the game but with no idea or direction. It's a shame, I liked him but it wasn't working.

Spot on here, we lost all our tempo setters who play one touch football and can get the ball to pacier players when they want ball.

Cough Cough CHRIS MARTIN Cough Cough

In all seriousness, it wasn’t just Martin, but over the last few seasons we’ve lost Bryson, Johnson, Keogh, Thorne, Huddlestone, (when he’s not trying to punt slow 30 yard Hollywood passes). They weren’t replaced basically and whilst we have decent youngsters in Sibley and Knight we have very few players who unlock their raw potential. 

Its maybe why the amortisation policy doesn’t work and why we are already being punished by doing it in the first place!

Edited by TuffLuff