Le Tour 21

EtoileSportiveDeDerby

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He was certainly the best rider out there in his day and without doubt the best at covering his tracks….but like you say, what a truly terrible person he was to some of the people trying to put him. 

have you listened to Wiggins podcast..? He is incredibly knowledgeable on the sport but It does feel like he says 75% of the things he does just to cause a reaction. 

No, I'll give it a try.

On 18/07/2021 at 14:09, MuespachRam said:

Had the “pre tour” coverage on for about 15 minutes and It is ramping up the excitement now..! 

Excited about seeing sweaty men in Lycra? Each to their own I guess 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Not like watching 2 men roll around inside a cage with just their little short short hot pants on, pretending to hit each other though is it....?

They don’t pretend though which makes it better, unlike these cyclists pretending to peddle up hills in France 

3 hours ago, David said:

They don’t pretend though which makes it better, unlike these cyclists pretending to peddle up hills in France 

Ha ha. McGregor is just a Pantomime villain…. He will be at the theatre royal in a couple of years with uncle Keith and Orville 

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Ha ha. McGregor is just a Pantomime villain…. He will be at the theatre royal in a couple of years with uncle Keith and Orville 

I would respond by naming one of these “cyclists”, but couldn’t even tell you the name of one, they are that insignificant nobodies that don’t make the news until they’ve taking some heroin or something 

3 hours ago, David said:

I would respond by naming one of these “cyclists”, but couldn’t even tell you the name of one, they are that insignificant nobodies that don’t make the news until they’ve taking some heroin or something 

You know them all son, don’t deny It. 
modern day super hero’s the lot of them. 

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You know them all son, don’t deny It. 
modern day super hero’s the lot of them. 

Couldn’t name one. Could probably name more Love Island contestants and I’ve never seen it

10 minutes ago, David said:

Couldn’t name one. Could probably name more Love Island contestants and I’ve never seen it

Ha ha ha. I am so thankful that I have never seen love island and have no idea what It even is so couldn’t name anyone on It. I think the last reality tv show I watched was the big brother that Craig the scouse handyman was on! 
mans don’t pretend you have never heard of Geraint Thomas, Mark Cavendish or Chris Froome. X

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Genuine question for those who enjoy cycling (don't get it myself), do you think they're still all juiced up?

They are for sure taking everything that is “legal” right up to the maximum levels allowed…but I think (hope) that they have learnt from the shady past and are now riding clean. You will never totally stop It, as in any sport, but It is so tightly controlled now that the hope is they aren’t juiced. 

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

WWE, MMA, Saturday afternoon wrestling at Alfreton leisure centre, Christmas panto at Nottingham Concert Hall….it’s all the same.

Same as going into the city and seeing crack heads on bikes I guess