EFL Verdict

DCFC90

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So, we're not currently paying them?

I thought it was a one off at the time the Sheikh was about to take over, no?

As has been said, I think it refers to the new year takeover. 

I suspect it's 3 points for each month missing, seeing as Pearce said we'd only missed one month due to the takeover confusion.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The 5 were: accounts, accounts, accounts, HMRC, transfer instalment 

Amazing 3 points suspended for a charge that didn’t even get mentioned.  God knows what we will get for those?

guess that these were actually resolved before the list was issued or they were never embargo worthy

This suggests that the EFL want to make a serious point to teams that not paying players will not be accepted. Fine with that. We missed one months payment, so we get 3 points. But it’s the one and only time it has happened so it’s suspended for a year.

The only worry is if another takeover becomes delayed and the same issue happens again. Other than that, I’m ok with this.

6 minutes ago, r4derby said:

This suggests that the EFL want to make a serious point to teams that not paying players will not be accepted. Fine with that. We missed one months payment, so we get 3 points. But it’s the one and only time it has happened so it’s suspended for a year.

The only worry is if another takeover becomes delayed and the same issue happens again. Other than that, I’m ok with this.

I agree with this.

We'll have to wait and see what the EFL publish on this matter.

If it's suspended only in the case of a repeat occasion is one thing, if it's suspended for any further rule breaking could be quite another.

Seeing as Pearce has said we only missed one payment, it seems reasonable to suggest Sheff Weds missed two. In which case, surely we should be able to miss another month, and just incur a further suspended sentence?

1 minute ago, Rev said:

If it's suspended only in the case of a repeat occasion is one thing, if it's suspended for any further rule breaking could be quite another.

Seeing as Pearce has said we only missed one payment, it seems reasonable to suggest Sheff Weds missed two. In which case, surely we should be able to miss another month, and just incur a further suspended sentence?

The first point is a key one.

The second point, I don't think that'll be the case. I think it's more that wednesday did it twice before the EFL decided to start enforcing this (i assume it's in the rule book already and was just not being enforced).

I think it’s best to move payday away from bank holidays it seems just to be safe.

does this just relate to players ? - so we can choose instead not to pay other staff ? Whilst I am not being serious it is a possibility isn’t it? 

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

From the EFL site regarding the Rams;

Upon consideration, the Board determined that it would be appropriate to do so in these circumstances and offered the Club the following sanction, which was subsequently agreed.

A suspended 3-point deduction to be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 (failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of an employment contract) on or before 30 June 2022.

EFL site Sheffield Wednesday ruling which as you will see they missed 4 months of payments so not 3 points per month also looking at this ruling DCFC have paid wages up to date whereas Wednesday have not;

In the months of March 2021, April 2021, May 2021 and June 2021, Sheffield Wednesday failed to pay their Players as per the terms of the agreements between the Club and its Players and were charged with Misconduct under the EFL Regulations.

The Regulations permit the EFL to enter into an Agreed Decision with a Club in order to resolve disciplinary matters without them being referred to a Disciplinary Commission for determination.

Upon consideration, the Board determined that it would be appropriate to do so in these circumstances and offered the Club the following sanction, which was subsequently agreed.

1. A suspended 6-point deduction to be immediately activated in the event that:

i. the Club fails to ensure that all arrears currently owed to the Club’s Players are paid in full on or before the 5 July 2021; and/or

ii. the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 (failure to adhere to terms and conditions of an employment contract) on or before 30 June 2022

Provided that the Club has not (whether by act or omission, intentionally or otherwise) failed to pay its Players again on or before 31 December 2021, from 1 January 2022 the sanction will be reduced from a suspended 6-point sanction to a suspended 3-point deduction which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 on or before 30 June 2022.

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The first point is a key one.

The second point, I don't think that'll be the case. I think it's more that wednesday did it twice before the EFL decided to start enforcing this (i assume it's in the rule book already and was just not being enforced).

Wendies get this for not paying for 4 months, let off half the suspension by January 2022!

"Provided that the Club has not (whether by act or omission, intentionally or otherwise) failed to pay its Players again on or before 31 December 2021, from 1 January 2022 the sanction will be reduced from a suspended 6-point sanction to a suspended 3-point deduction which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 on or before 30 June 2022."

Whilst for us missing (late?) Dec payment we get:

"A suspended 3-point deduction to be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 (failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of an employment contract) on or before 30 June 2022."

EFL Official Website - Judgments 2020/21

There's also the LAP judgement about Boro trying to 'sue' us! 

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wendies get this for not paying for 4 months, let off half the suspension by January 2022!

"Provided that the Club has not (whether by act or omission, intentionally or otherwise) failed to pay its Players again on or before 31 December 2021, from 1 January 2022 the sanction will be reduced from a suspended 6-point sanction to a suspended 3-point deduction which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 on or before 30 June 2022."

Whilst for us missing (late?) Dec payment we get:

"A suspended 3-point deduction to be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 (failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of an employment contract) on or before 30 June 2022."

EFL Official Website - Judgments 2020/21

There's also the LAP judgement about Boro trying to 'sue' us! 

EFL judgement in full

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-documents/210708---efl-Derby-county---agreed-decision-signed.pdf

5 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

From the EFL site regarding the Rams;

A suspended 3-point deduction to be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 (failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of an employment contract) on or before 30 June 2022.

EFL site Sheffield Wednesday ruling which as you will see they missed 4 months of payments so not 3 points per month also looking at this ruling DCFC have paid wages up to date whereas Wednesday have not;

In the months of March 2021, April 2021, May 2021 and June 2021, Sheffield Wednesday failed to pay their Players as per the terms of the agreements between the Club and its Players and were charged with Misconduct under the EFL Regulations.

The Regulations permit the EFL to enter into an Agreed Decision with a Club in order to resolve disciplinary matters without them being referred to a Disciplinary Commission for determination.

1. A suspended 6-point deduction to be immediately activated in the event that:

i. the Club fails to ensure that all arrears currently owed to the Club’s Players are paid in full on or before the 5 July 2021; and/or

ii. the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 (failure to adhere to terms and conditions of an employment contract) on or before 30 June 2022

Provided that the Club has not (whether by act or omission, intentionally or otherwise) failed to pay its Players again on or before 31 December 2021, from 1 January 2022 the sanction will be reduced from a suspended 6-point sanction to a suspended 3-point deduction which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall be immediately activated in the event that the Club breaches Regulation 63.7 on or before 30 June 2022.

Odd timings?  Presumably they have paid the arrears then.