The Spurs Job

Day

Go on then, why does nobody want the Spurs job?

Been told Kane is leaving and no money to replace him?

Very odd. I mean you can understand a couple like Nagelsmann who bagged the Bayern job.

Would Pochettino be able to forgive Levy, I mean he was vocal in his frustration with their transfer activity. 

I  think it's a combination of their best player wanting out, shortage of funds due to no fans to pay for the stadium, and the fact that their new director of football doesn't appear to be many manager's cup of tea.

Also, as the whole aborted Super League showed, they've got ideas above their station, and are nowhere as big a draw or top managers, Everton are in the same boat.  Wouldn't be surprised if they end up with Nuno Santos or Eddie Howe...

Edited by ramsbottom

They could speed up thier whole recruitment process by having a form like this on their website:

Just to confirm, I admire Tottenham Hotspur football club, and I was falattered to be offered the position of Head Coach, but I do not feel that it would be the right fit for myself at this point in time. I wish Spurs every success in the future.

Name                   signature                             email                         Can Spurs contact you for future despiration hires? Y/N

Edited by RadioactiveWaste
error 404 do not want spurs job

I agree, Nuno looked a better fit for the Everton job, he seems to be a player's manager (in the mold of Pochettino & Ancelotti) . He was perhaps let down last season by his board after selling a key player and then losing another to serious injury.  Benitez will have to overcome the doubters, but he's done it before to a degree when he managed Chelsea for a brief period.

On another tangent, I think Wolves will struggle this coming season. Nuno left at the right time, whether he has joined the right club, only time will tell.

I don't think Benitez overcame the doubters at Chelsea - they pretty much ran him out of town. But I completely agree on the broader point, he's a great appointment for them, just what Everton need.

Nuno at Spurs is win-win for him. If he wins anything he has succeeded where even Jose failed and secured his tag as a big club manager, if he fails he picks up the fat contract (remember, the one they offer Lopetegui was described as 'dizzying') and just becomes another guy who couldn't fix the mess that is Totteringham.

Silva at Fulham is a bum rap all ways round. He cashed in some good chips early at Watford but besides that has done three bits of nothing. Ismael at WBA is the one I am interested to see, anyone who can get Barnsley above mid-table has to have something about them but even Paul Jewell got it right once. Can he do it again or did it all just fall in place for him at Oakwell?