Loudest things you’ve heard.

i-Ram

Standing behind a jet car at the Avon Park drag strip. The noise that thing made as it went down the quarter mile in about 4 seconds was just incredible.

Next best was the noise at the BBG when we played Real Madrid. It could be heard from miles away 

5 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

1977, when Derby became a city, a Vulcan bomber came over the centre (I'm guessing it uses RR engines) and did a vertical climb (something that all planes can now only do over the sea, for safety reasons). Maybe not the loudest thing I have ever heard but it was pretty darned floor rattling.

I've seen, and heard, it do that at a few shows. Shame it won't fly again. Great plane. Amazing when you consider it made its maiden flight only 11 years after the Lancaster made its first flight.

In California in 78 On the set of a cheap action movie called Love And The Midnight Auto Supply, a film so bad that it didn't even make it to video.  My stepfather was the director of the emergency services in the county and was there to ensure proper safety measures were in place, because of some explosions written into the script and i was there to keep him company.  The climactic scene at the end of the film was being prepared, a large barn full of all kinds of auto parts was to be slightly blown up, the hero and the girl he saved come rushing out to run clear and then the barn explodes.  Stepfather had introduced me to the special effects/ dynamite guy, an honest to goodness hippy and from the look and sound of him appeared to have permanently fried brains, but he assured stepfather that blowing things up was a tricky business to which he was well suited and experienced in.

When things calmed down, it was concluded that the crazy fella had indeed used all the explosives meant for other scenes.

Such a mighty explosion i have never heard, the blessed barn disintegrated in a white flash, debris flying all about, a Cadillac hubcap came close to beheading the assistant director, everything and everyone in pandemonium.  What fun for a 17 year old, but my head buzzed for a while.