Wazza picks the England team

Rample

2 hours ago, Rample said:

He was trending on Twitter, was hoping something more relevant to us.

Turns out he feels qualified to pick the England team. Personally I think he's way off the mark with Foden comments - what does he know about effective wingers. 

In his column for The Times, Rooney said: 'City play in the final third. They keep possession there. And Foden is not a dribbler but a player who plays nice little passes and moves into good positions. At City, the movement of players around him enables it. 

'City will play quick five-yard passes before a little movement — not a big one — will free Foden up and he has licence to go into the spaces and play as a No 9, at times, or No 10 at others. Whereas with England he is a bit isolated out wide and when he receives the ball, the possession is slow and there is little happening around him.

'That means he then has to dribble — and if you are playing in such a way that, from your wide players, dribbling is what is required then why not play Grealish and Jadon Sancho, two of the best at doing it. '

Seem pretty fair observations to me.

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Turns out he feels qualified to pick the England team. Personally I think he's way off the mark with Foden comments - what does he know about effective wingers. 

And it turns out he set fire to the Reichstag in 1933.

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

In his column for The Times, Rooney said: 'City play in the final third. They keep possession there. And Foden is not a dribbler but a player who plays nice little passes and moves into good positions. At City, the movement of players around him enables it. 

'City will play quick five-yard passes before a little movement — not a big one — will free Foden up and he has licence to go into the spaces and play as a No 9, at times, or No 10 at others. Whereas with England he is a bit isolated out wide and when he receives the ball, the possession is slow and there is little happening around him.

'That means he then has to dribble — and if you are playing in such a way that, from your wide players, dribbling is what is required then why not play Grealish and Jadon Sancho, two of the best at doing it. '

Seem pretty fair observations to me.

Absolutely spot on I reckon. I wonder who wrote it for him? ?

4 hours ago, Rample said:

Another ridiculously cynical post.... he has a newspaper column, what's he going write about.... Carrots? RuPauls Drag race? 

Hes a pundit, just like Shearer, Jenas, Linekar, Richards et al..... I feel that England's record goalscorer might about forward play.... Commenting on it is much different to doing it in a match...

But don't let that stand in the way of having a dig for no reason eh? 

5 hours ago, Rample said:

Who isn't qualified to pick their preferred team?

10 hours ago, Rample said:

Well he doesn’t need the money the Times paid him for this (if he got anything at all). After a season that left most observers doubting his talents as a manager, there’s a fair chance he wrote this to boost his credentials as a tactician.