2021 / 2022 New kit

Charlie George

Rate the 21/22 Home Kit  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Thought tonight would have been the ideal opportunity. Would guess they now leave it until the actual 1st official away game 

And make notts county play in an away kit at their own stadium? I don’t think so. We’ll be wearing that blue kit this weekend.

On 28/07/2021 at 19:48, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:
  On 28/07/2021 at 19:18, roboto said:

And make notts county play in an away kit at their own stadium? I don’t think so. We’ll be wearing that blue kit this weekend.

Apparently, DCFC have asked Notts County to play in their away strip tomorrow. Wonder why, perhaps we can only afford one kit this year LOL

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/away-kit-v-Derby-2907212/

Edited by hope60

In the grand scheme of things this is not a huge deal but it does give me the impression we are being run in a pretty haphazard manner. 

Could be an easy explanation as to why we are requesting our hosts to change their kit of course but I would be asking questions of the kit manager and supplier why this is the case. 

A week before a new season begins and it appears we have no second kit in place for whatever reason just strikes me as unfortunate at best.

if we need cash surely we would want to see new kits sold as fast as possible?  Not getting until sons can chose which one - are we not going to be in business long enough to need 2 kits, does a new owner want to unveil, cant we afford two lots if stock, etc etc? Why is everything we do like this fgs?

I'll be interested to know how the timelines for kit announcements compared with the last season. I could be wrong, but over the last few years have we not always announced the away / third kit a week or so before we plan to actually wear it in a competitive game? First away game isn't until 14th August. 

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

It is odd, isn’t it. In the rules of the game are we legally allowed to start the season without an away kit?

Probably not at the moment, but you can guarantee the moment the EFL find out about it, they will create a new rule with the punishment being a transfer embargo and apply it to us retrospectively.

1 minute ago, DJAY said:

Probably not at the moment, but you can guarantee the moment the EFL find out about it, they will create a new rule with the punishment being a transfer embargo and apply it to us retrospectively.

Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at that one!

Posted this in the Notts County topic, but surprised this is becoming a thing.

You don’t release 2 shirts close together at £50 a pop. Some people will always wait and choose what they prefer, but you hope that the home shirt goes down well, fans jump on it, then you wait a few weeks and drop the second hoping the jump on that as well.

I’ve just been over on the Reading forum as I didn’t realise they were in a dire situation like us, went to see what they were saying and guess what, no away kit yet there either. 

I haven’t reached the level of boredom where I look at shops across the league to see who has and hasn’t got their away kits out yet.

I did look to see when we would need it and you’re looking at September v West Brom for a possible kit clash. 

Our away kit has also been leaked so we know it exists and what it looks like, maybe the Megastore has boxes of them in the back waiting on X date, or Umbro are delivering on X date which was agreed.

Either way, are we that desperate for the next drama we’re using the unreleased away kit, come on, we’re still under embargo and no signings, plenty to chew on already if you want

6 minutes ago, David said:

Posted this in the Notts County topic, but surprised this is becoming a thing.

You don’t release 2 shirts close together at £50 a pop. Some people will always wait and choose what they prefer, but you hope that the home shirt goes down well, fans jump on it, then you wait a few weeks and drop the second hoping the jump on that as well.

I’ve just been over on the Reading forum as I didn’t realise they were in a dire situation like us, went to see what they were saying and guess what, no away kit yet their either. 

I haven’t reached the level of boredom where I look at shops across the league to see who has and hasn’t got their away kits out yet.

I did look to see when we would need it and you’re looking at September v West Brom for a possible kit clash. 

Our away kit has also been leaked so we know it exists and what it looks like, maybe the Megastore has boxes of them in the back waiting on X date, or Umbro are delivering on X date which was agreed.

Either way, are we that desperate for the next drama we’re using the unreleased away kit, come on, we’re still under embargo and no signings, plenty to chew on already if you want

Shock horror, but maybe we're putting the fans first and only changing one kit per season.

I know that's unlikely, but if I want to speculate I can.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Shock horror, but maybe we're putting the fans first and only changing one kit per season.

I know that's unlikely, but if I want to speculate I can.

Would be a nice theory if we hadn’t flogged off last seasons away kits for a tenner.

Love to go back to kits lasting at least 2 years. Never happen though.