Jack Marriott - joined Peterborough

Animal is a Ram

Another decent trio of wages wages off the books, don't forget the club has lost two thirds of its income, and will continue to do so for the next season. Young hungry players and a few experienced free signings is what I expect to see this season. Mid table at best I suspect. That must be another £1 million per year wages reduction, on players who have not really contributed in the last season. Sensible in my opinion.

Shame its not worked out for Jack though, exiting player when he is on it, but he seems to lack ambition.

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

He started off decent enough, but seemed to just fall out of it. I'd guess it was the money he earned here possibly making him take the eyes of the ball. He had some good games, plenty of forgettable games and I think the loan move to Wednesday where he seemed to be in a really bad place mentally didn't help in the slightest. 

Another one off the books, but it will be interesting to see how he gets on from here. Another one I think the vast majority wish well.  

Never really got a solid run in a formation that suited him/played to his strengths under the last couple of managers, coupled with pretty poor service. Not sure he'll go straight back to banging 20+ a season in for Peterborough but I imagine he will start scoring a bit more regularly, definitely a shoe in for a couple against us next year.. Good luck to him, not sure he was the right player but it was definitely the wrong time.

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Never really got a solid run in a formation that suited him/played to his strengths under the last couple of managers, coupled with pretty poor service. Not sure he'll go straight back to banging 20+ a season in for Peterborough but I imagine he will start scoring a bit more regularly, definitely a shoe in for a couple against us next year.. Good luck to him, not sure he was the right player but it was definitely the wrong time.

That's pretty much it for me.  At the point we signed him, we knew we'd almost certainly be playing one up front (having loaned in Mount and Wilson etc), and he'd only ever been productive in a 2 at Peterborough.  The only time we ever got close to making him work was with Waghorn sort of playing a wide-right-but-almost-a-striker position, so he was almost in a 2.  It was just another stupid signing really, with no thought into how he was going to be used or where he fit in the team.

He may well go on to score a decent amount for them, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would have scored them for us, playing with our squad in our system.  Obviously caveat is we have no idea what our squad or system is yet for next season though.

Every single manager at Derby said the same - he isn’t fit enough to be selected or start ! 

the most annoying thing about this is the fact that the EFL have made us lose this financial asset regardless of us wanting to play him and I think their actions on this are nothing short of disgraceful and it needs broadcasting very loudly around football circles 

7 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Good luck Jack , get your fitness sorted and your mind straight and im sure the goals will start flowing for you at Posh , hopefully not against us though

Or just played off a focal point or not in a side that will refuse at all costs to try a ball over the top 

Marriott will score goals on the right system … 

I’m not saying we should keep him or that I particularly rated him but under cocu we didn’t exactly try to play to his strengths did we 

14 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Or just played off a focal point or not in a side that will refuse at all costs to try a ball over the top 

Marriott will score goals on the right system … 

I’m not saying we should keep him or that I particularly rated him but under cocu we didn’t exactly try to play to his strengths did we 

Thought that he had gone already

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There are suggestions the extension was revoked due to missed installments to Peterborough. Seems the most likely reason for the unusual situation.

Maybe the accounts department were on a golf day?

Mixed feelings. Looked like he could be a really good player at this level in the right team (ie one set up to maximise his strengths). But a lot of different managers seemed to question his application and attitude, and we really aren't in a position to set up a team around one player who might (or might not) work out. If we use his wages on someone else, who contributes more, I'll be happy. If we end up starting the season with CKR and no other senior strikers, I won't.