Uche Ikpeazu - gone to M'boro

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Struck me as a Conor Sammon-esque player. I think I even laughed at him at one point last season during a Wycombe game. I would hope not, but we will see. 

I would imagine a lot of fans from opposing teams had the odd larf about us too ?

Decent age, I thought he was quite impressive the few times I saw him play, his first touch wasnt too bad. Seemed a bit clumsy at times but Wanchope looked like that too! Scored a decent goal vs Bournemouth at the end of the season.

In terms of price he would likely cost way below £1m which if we do have any money its likely to be in the value range we would be signing players.

Seems like a younger version of CKR, I wouldnt be against the signing at all. 

As fans we need to realise what level of player we're likely to be getting this summer.

I agree completely re the sort of signings we are likely to make without any good resolution to our off-field circus.

There's no great expectations from me at all and I can't see us paying a fee as it stands though so I'm expecting season long loans and frees. With 2 years on his contract and with Wycombe not having to support the cost base of a large established Championship side then I doubt they'll be forced to accept chicken feed, particularly if they can get more than one club interested.

8 hours ago, BodminRam said:

How can we possibly sign him, even if we were interested. we are on a transfer embargo, and cannot pay any money for players. 

The same way we managed to sign Jozwiak & Byrne last summer in the middle of an embargo. We will have to wait for it to be lifted (if it ever is this summer)

15 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

It's not like the embargo means we can't be interested in players, we're going to be looking at players still.

Exactly, we have to plan for when/if the embargo is lifted so we're ready to sign players asap. The club may even have a date in mind for a takeover which is likely to remove the embargo so can speak to players knowing this.

I liked what I saw from him in the games I watched especially in terms of activity competing with central defenders and making more space for others to score, he’s at a good age to know what he can do on a football pitch and let’s be honest if Warnock and Hughton are wanting him then they know what’s needed in this league especially up front.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Exactly, we have to plan for when/if the embargo is lifted so we're ready to sign players asap. The club may even have a date in mind for a takeover which is likely to remove the embargo so can speak to players knowing this.

We can actually sign players, as long as there’s no fee involved and the wages fit in with the club's salary budget. Definitely concentrating on loan players and cheaper options from the lower leagues.